Clocks ticking and

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:
I was supposed to wait with my yearly run of ror singleplayer in anticipation of the DE. Things did not go as planned. Currently working my way through Glory of Greece.

I’m on the “I’ll Be Back” scenario at the moment. There’s not nearly as much hand-holding in the AoE1 campaigns! I’m impressed at how challenging some of the scenarios are.

Haha you’re kidding me? I caved and started playing anyway. And I’m at the exact same level as you now playing on hardest. I didn’t end well when I played it last night (I forget to save because I’m lazy). Gonna make another attempt when I have the time.

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:
I was supposed to wait with my yearly run of ror singleplayer in anticipation of the DE. Things did not go as planned. Currently working my way through Glory of Greece.

I’m on the “I’ll Be Back” scenario at the moment. There’s not nearly as much hand-holding in the AoE1 campaigns! I’m impressed at how challenging some of the scenarios are.

Haha you’re kidding me? I caved and started playing anyway. And I’m at the exact same level as you now playing on hardest. I didn’t end well when I played it last night (I forget to save because I’m lazy). Gonna make another attempt when I have the time.

Hardest? You are superior, sir. I’m playing on Moderate. Any harder than that, and I’m afraid it would simply add to the stress in my day.

@rhrmn said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I found a couple of my copies of the game to install on my new PC:-

Doh!

No CD drive :smiley:

Yeah, that’s my problem too.

@rhrmn said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

Doh!

@rhrmn said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

Doh!

lol I been there lol I even brought a second hand rig for this franchise lol

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

Hardest? You are superior, sir. I’m playing on Moderate. Any harder than that, and I’m afraid it would simply add to the stress in my day.

Haha well it’s not actually that difficult. It’s just one of those things that will click for you if you try it enough. I actually find it very relaxing. I will admit though, the first Greek mission (Land Grab) took me by surprise due to the Dorians and their axeman rushes. I ended up solving it by house-walling myself away by the lake in the SE corner, which was honestly pretty cheap of me as it isn’t strictly nessecary :tongue:

Amazing I used house walling with goths all time in multiplayer. Do what it takes that’s the amazing factor about the game it’s so versatile and flexible.

@ShAbaShAnKs said:
Amazing I used house walling with goths all time in multiplayer. Do what it takes that’s the amazing factor about the game it’s so versatile and flexible.

There are no Goths in AoE. Do you mean AoE2?

@aquablade351 said:
I’m passing the time by playing other strategy games - I’m a huge fan of Civilization and I have played many games of AOE2 as the Byzantines; it’s the closest thing I can get to Rome!

I also recently bought Northgard and it’s nice. Just trying to keep myself from getting too bored with several things.

Northgard is a really good game actually, really enjoying that take on a RTS game.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I’m getting fed up to be honest, they indicated it was happening soon but it’s clear the moderators are out of the loop.

The release was announced about 2 weeks ago, along with a revamping of a new forum, lots of fixes in here, news & announcements, contests and more…we are not so much out of the loop, there is just little to announce at this time. @jennywaboom has been working her tail off to keep everyone in the loop…as far as I know, the beta testing invites are being sent out in batches (how small we don’t know)…other than that - all is well & moving forward as we were told…2 weeks is not a great deal of time lol. It would be nice to know how many beta testers they are going to need/use…because unfortunately we won’t all be included.

I wish you ALL great luck at being chosen <3

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I’m getting fed up to be honest, they indicated it was happening soon but it’s clear the moderators are out of the loop.

The release was announced about 2 weeks ago, along with a revamping of a new forum, lots of fixes in here, news & announcements, contests and more…we are not so much out of the loop, there is just little to announce at this time. @jennywaboom has been working her tail off to keep everyone in the loop…as far as I know, the beta testing invites are being sent out in batches (how small we don’t know)…other than that - all is well & moving forward as we were told…2 weeks is not a great deal of time lol. It would be nice to know how many beta testers they are going to need/use…because unfortunately we won’t all be included.

They should have you and the moderators in the Beta and having permission to share screenshots with us ASAP. Perhaps I’m spoilt by having EUG_MadMat over on the Eugen forums for Steel Division Normandy and before that the Red Dragon series being both in the development team and moderating. They need to be giving you guys information so you can lead the forum as well as moderating it.

@RWNorthPole said:

@ShAbaShAnKs said:

@RWNorthPole said:

@ShAbaShAnKs said:

Yes sorry mate. Can not bloody wait lol wololo

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

They should have you and the moderators in the Beta and having permission to share screenshots with us ASAP. Perhaps I’m spoilt by having EUG_MadMat over on the Eugen forums for Steel Division Normandy and before that the Red Dragon series being both in the development team and moderating. They need to be giving you guys information so you can lead the forum as well as moderating it.

I doubt we will be sharing screen shots from the beta testing at this time…that would most likely fall under the NDA agreement.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

I doubt we will be sharing screen shots from the beta testing at this time…that would most likely fall under the NDA agreement.

As moderators you should have a hotline to the team to discuss what you can share on the forums, you guys should be on the team discussing a time line of what can be shared when. The NDA obviously wouldn’t apply to the actual team developing the game and making decisions on when to share and what to share.

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

Haha well it’s not actually that difficult. It’s just one of those things that will click for you if you try it enough. I actually find it very relaxing. I will admit though, the first Greek mission (Land Grab) took me by surprise due to the Dorians and their axeman rushes. I ended up solving it by house-walling myself away by the lake in the SE corner, which was honestly pretty cheap of me as it isn’t strictly nessecary :tongue:

Gotta say, I am thoroughly enjoying these campaigns. I hope they don’t un-necessarily change gameplay too much (but that damned pathfinding is killing me).

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

As moderators you should have a hotline to the team to discuss what you can share on the forums, you guys should be on the team discussing a time line of what can be shared when. The NDA obviously wouldn’t apply to the actual team developing the game and making decisions on when to share and what to share.

Patience is all we can practice at this time…

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

Patience is all we can practice at this time…

Apparently patience is wearing thin. Here is my suggestion for those of us who are teetering on the edge of insanity waiting for the beta, it’s a sure fire remedy:

Just pull out a pair of knitting needles and knit your favorite civilizations banner. Hang it in some conspicuous place. This should remove some of your preoccupation with something you have no control over. If this doesn’t work, check yourself into the nearest psych ward. Tell them you’re suffering from an acute fixation on a computer game that is being remastered. They probably have a whole ward dedicated for this type of suffering.

Good luck!

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

@rlagore said:

@GepardenKalle said:

Ah the Dorians. The only real threat. My strategy for that mission was to just get a good number of clubmen and then take all my villagers and clubmen to the dorians and kill everyone. The rest of the civs in that level are way too passive so once you’re done with the dorians, you’re done with the level.