Closed beta player checking back in - Zoom still not fixed?

And yet you’ve been posting pretty consistently after that point. So you’re not really checking back in, are you? :slight_smile:

you sooo funny.
You were given half of shit and you defend that half, that it’s not ready.
For me it’s ready. you even can buy it. lol.

1 Like

Nice conspiracy theory bro.

If you don’t want to learn new things just keep playing the same old games forever.

1 Like

the game suffers from the combination of bad camera and units that normal players cannot use properly because the interface isn’t good enough for them

if they fix the line of sight system (so that your units actually have visibility by themselves without requiring scouts), redesign springalds for lower range, and let trebuchets / cannons be the only long-ranged units (and highly-effective against buildings instead of against units), then maybe normal players (instead of just pros) can actually play the game despite the bad camera

without that the game is just inaccessible. the 300 apm players can figure out how to control the units and get line of sight and micro their siege weapons, but the normal players just spend all their time struggling vs the interface

even the economy stuff has a lot of random garbage that requires constant attention, and normal people can’t spend attention on it because they can’t see it. and even if they could see it, they couldn’t micromanage it because too much of their time is spent moving the camera around. maybe those economic features make the game more interesting in theory, but if people can’t actually use them then it’s just detrimental

3 Likes

“If you don’t want to learn new things just keep playing the same old games forever.”

It’s not about not wanting to “learn” you are phrasing a flaw in the game (the zoom level is not comfortable for many players) and telling us to learn how to play around it.

1. It’s not something we should have to learn, similar to issues like poor graphics and lack of hotkeys.
  2. Like it or not people play games that they enjoy. It’s no wonder AOE2DE has nearly 3x the amount of players as AOE4 because they don’t have to “learn” how to navigate a clunky camera and zoom system.
2 Likes

You’ll be surprised. People really would not sleep well if some others play the game in a different way, including more or less zoom.

3 Likes

I stopped playing 2 months after launch, and I don’t feel any desire to play, on the contrary, I keep playing my good old aoe3.
age IV will have an end where the community will be smaller than the current aoe3.

1 Like

No, it was not. I played the closed beta extensively. The “significant” change you mentioned was mocked for being almost non-existent. Even Age of Noob mentioned it in one of his videos:

Go to 1:19 seconds if you want to skip to the awesome change we got. That was probably more infuriating than not doing any changes at all.

5 Likes

So yeah , they are making changes to the zoom , be grateful.

1 Like

I’ll be real, this has been #1 issue constantly brought up, since closed beta, if they’ve adressed it properly initially, i’d be thankfull, but in this case, depending on how it turns out, its either about time, or this still doesn’t cut it, will see in PUP

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself,
It was especially frustrating in the context of just having had a developer interview where they said “people always ask for more zoom but they don’t know what they want” and the knowledge that it’s a well known tactic for developers to put patch notes for things that are not actually substantially changed in the hopes people won’t notice.

I wish I could say I wasn’t expecting them to do that. But here we are 8 months later and the zoom is just as bad as it was in the closed beta where we had threads with hundreds of responses asking them to change it.

2 Likes

they fixed zoom , haha , IM SURE YOURE grateful NOW :smiley:

mmmm basically 1 fix out of 10000 fixes to go. so nope

this guy wanted zoom , literally just go to his profile. and youre not him to determinate if he is grateful or not btw :slight_smile:

ik but you can’t say that hes going to come back again or not now that the hype is gone for the game as he said “there no coming back”. Also you cant determine if hes grateful or not if hes stated that he waited for so long. anybody can feel disgusted when you are delivered an product or feature late to the date promise but I not sure in his case.

he said in another topic that he likes the new zoom and he is going to come back after season 2 goes live on gamepass

If he get no problem with other issues , good for him i guess.

Hello gentlemen I am here once and forall to settle your debate

I am very grateful to relic for finally (after 8 months) fixing this issue, and I will be loading the game up on xbox gamepass to give it another try as soon as the update goes live in the official version.

3 Likes

safe to say new zoom option makes everyone happier, just hoping its available across the board (refering to feedback survey’s questions on the topic)

2 Likes

Just bought AoE 4 and was hoping for something great. This is a step backwards for game-play. I’m on a 4K monitor, and high resolutions, and I was thinking how great it would be to play on this setup. Man was I disappointed. I feel like I’m playing at an old resolution of 640x480.

This truly makes the game unplayable, or perhaps I should say, playable with ZERO enjoyment. I’ve played a total of 15 hours, and I’m ready to pack it in because of this in ability to zoom. I will stick with AoE and AoE II.

DEVELOPERS: THIS IS A SHOWSTOPPER ISSUE - THIS IS A UIX ISSUE - THIS IS A GAMEPLAY ISSUE

Don’t get caught up in the eye-candy. A game with eye-candy with a poor user and gamplay experience will lose every time. There is a reason I go back and play the original DOS version of Civilization (believe me, no eye candy there), is because of the game-play. Don’t lose your way.

2 Likes