(Closed) Community Balance Polls 11-16-21

Against who? The AI?
Yeah. Only the AI will not prioritize killing something so slow, that costs 400 wood, 600 gold and is vulnerable to ranged, never mind artillery, while being outranged even by handcannons…

1 Like

Good polls, but the ones that says which civ needs nerfs and buffs I would have given the choice to choose multiple options

1 Like

Online games don’t last to imperial age, so ribauld is not used generally.

what i mean is why remove something that add colour to the game, it can be reworked.

1 Like

what’s the post on a fully upgraded palace guard? i fail to see what you could possibly be talking about. armor is so much better than an additive health boost, since armor stacks over time.

1 Like

They need to make the Chinese units weaker and cheaper and increase the population limit to 250 just like AOE3.
This is historically correct and would balance the game too.

2 Likes

This poll is missing Landmarks!
The Abbey of Kings needs a buff, I think his weakness is on his range; Is too short. Honestly, I don’t know what range would be appropriate or cannot imagine a balanced way to extend his range of influence, but it needs… something. Besides that, I use and enjoy all of his other landmarks, they are useful if used in the correct situation.
And I LOVE all Chinese landmarks, if anything, I would change something very niche: being able to train Imperial officials from the Imperial Academy, it just feels weird you can’t, and it would buff a little bit his tempo. Everything else feels amazing.
Those are the only civilizations I had been playing soo far, so these are my only thoughts, but I am sure other people with different mains will have their own opinions.
I understand why people want to buff Chinese, but I don’t see myself an appropriate way of doing it, but I will hope for the best! Thanks for reading, and good luck

1 Like

My hope is dev wont take a look on this kind of balance pool if they want a competitive game ^^.

They need to hear the top 1% consensus and stats from 1% best players on ladder. Someone with basic scientific feature know how the amount of biasis this kind of pool have. It’s not even representative of the majority (if they want a balance arround “majority” instead of a competitive game).

But definitly no need that much balance right know, the meta change a way too fast and most of use are not realy affected by op things, we are affected by how difficult a civ is to mastered.

Ofc there are some game breaking bug which is not a balance issue.

2 Likes

You are right, I will have to include them next time, for some reason they are not listed as a unique unit on the Chinese page. Seems like an oversight.

HRE is main for 43% and 17% want to rework, is it different people or what?
or people play, struggle, play and keep playing.

1 Like

You know what, I am not sure. Not a lot of comments going into details, despite the decent sized number of HRE players. I think it might have something to do with the recent tournament not having any notable Chinese or HRE. Shines a light of weakness for the faction and people probably see the writing on the wall despite people loving them.

1 Like

Thanks for going into such details on why you voted!

Zhugenu and nest of bees so weak

3 Likes

These polls are now closed! Thank you to everyone who participated. My next updated poll will be released after some time has passed. I will request the permanent closure of this post after a week has gone by. Thank you!

1 Like