Collective crash

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Octavius

Issue:

Yesterday, my friends and I started to repeatedly experience a collective crashing in multiplayer games (Lobby). It has happened in the map Arena, 4 times in a row (yesterday and today), in 2v2 and 3v3 mode. In all matches, 2 or more players, at same time, experienced the game being completely shut down and the process terminated.
In previous builds, this had never happened to us.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Create an unranked game lobby in AoE II DE
  2. Invite friends
  3. Start the game
  4. Play about 20 min in game time.
  5. BOOM! See the game being unmercifully shut down without any windows logs or anything in Event Viewer.

Debug info:

DxDiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9q8djjwob81tpx/DxDiag.txt

UPDATE:
Found some relevant high-level logs in C:\Users<username>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs
please see below:

Running Game
Total Texture Load Time: 0 ms
Loading player profile
Setting up hotkeys
Closing video
Sync is being logged
Sync is being logged
Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff6492c70fe
Writing out log

2 Likes

Had this issue several times IN A ROW yesterday, irrespective of whether we restarted the game/steam/computer/modem. The horrendous experience completely bittered the beer I was drinking.

4 Likes

Happened to me, one teammate and one opponent yesterday, too, in arena 3v3.

Maybe u were my opponent 11
If so, give us our puntos back, we would have won :smiley:

3 Likes

I know what you mean… After the 3 consecutive crashes, I didn’t feel like having dinner anymore and started drinking instead…

1 Like

Can you post one of the replays that crashed? I think I have a suspicion.

You can download it here

P3 made a siege tower. Siege towers right now cause crashes to desktop for all players. Sounded like what you were experiencing, and that rec confirms it.

Edit:
To be specific, its not upon first using or inspecting, usually you can get some use out of it but later in the game selecting + moving it a second/third or more time will cause a crash to desktop for all.

Makes sense! Thanks for helping out, PlusNomad.

This happened to be the case in all games that we experienced the collective crashes. A funny player trying to sneak into the Enemy base in Arena with a siege tower.

Can someone from the dev team confirm whether it is a known issue?

Check the report a bug threads for the past month, Its been reported and confirmed many times and I personally reproduced it intentionally multiple times in online games with friends (they knew that was the point) and yeah. It’s really clear cut. It was an issue a long time ago and they claimed they fixed it. They didnt.