Color blind mode

In multiplayer should be great to have color blind mod .

For exemple you in red your allies in blue and your oponent in black .

Something really different . Without this we can’t play well !

1 Like

I agree. Stuff like this is what seperates a serious quality product from a quick cash grab.

1 Like

I was thinking everything in grey to even it out :stuck_out_tongue:

@SmokingCoalman said:

That would make for a quite interesting game mode, everyone being the same color. Good luck with battles and such.

for example this colour are impossible for me (i can’t see the number)

@SmokingCoalman said:

And the game became Age Of Empires 50 shade of grey (hum suspicious)

Oh man you explosed my back well played hum hum …

@flip35 said:

@SmokingCoalman said:

That would make for a quite interesting game mode, everyone being the same color. Good luck with battles and such.

Flip i saw that you made good meme :slight_smile: . if you want try it for this one .

Have a nice day

I don’t think this is a good idea since, in AoE1, we have too many units to control and different civilians share the same units’ image. It can be messy to timing especially in massive combats

I think it would be a neat feature to add.

@GepardenKalle said:
I agree. Stuff like this is what seperates a serious quality product from a quick cash grab.

Agreed, I genuinely hope they care about this game and aren’t using its name for a simple cash grab.

@SordidAlpaca696 said:
I don’t think this is a good idea since, in AoE1, we have too many units to control and different civilians share the same units’ image. It can be messy to timing especially in massive combats

it’s just for color blind if you don’t need it don’t use it.
I can’t play in team without this.

This would be a great, and I think simple, addition to add! I like how BF1 and Battlefront (the new one) dealt with this.

It is a very important element for some people and I totally agree that it should be added.

@jennywaboom Is it possible to see something like that?

There’s no need for a color-blind mode. The autumn update of W10 has 6 integrated color profiles to assist people with who don’t have a full color eyesight. Since AoE DE will most likely target this release, it would be a waste of effort to reimplement the OS feature in the game engine.

@“Jonas Klose” said:
There’s no need for a color-blind mode. The autumn update of W10 has 6 integrated color profiles to assist people with who don’t have a full color eyesight. Since AoE DE will most likely target this release, it would be a waste of effort to reimplement the OS feature in the game engine.

If the one team color is yellow and the other orange colour blinded people cannot see the difference. And trust me windows10 colour profiles are going to be useless for thirty party apps. At least for some years…

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@“Jonas Klose” said:

If the one team color is yellow and the other orange colour blinded people cannot see the difference. And trust me windows10 colour profiles are going to be useless for thirty party apps. At least for some years…

i am a huge one and i can confirm !

I think that each games should have it’s own color blind mode, it will be more accurate in terms of mechanics and functions.

It is mostly (only?) the minimap that is an issue. Especially when someone is red.
Being able to setting your custom colors for the minimap player colors would be ok for me.

1 Like

It’s true. I am colorblind and when we have in a team a blue, a violet and a pink it’s awfull for me. Or red, green and Orange …

I would like a mod where we can fix for us the coulour of the others or
ennemi team in red our team in différent coulour