Coming Content Updates for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Age of Empires

hey can someone help me when i open singleplayer and then i will start a game the game is gonna closed and the microsoft store is open i have the game 3 times install new and the problem is still their thats really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up !!?

I am a multiplayer user. So far my experience of the game is not so bad. Anyways, I have some suggestions:

1. For some reason, the delay on multiplayer match is unbearable. I play almost exclusively with players on my small country and ping < 200, yet commands take 1 second to be executed. This is very bad comparing with other RTS games like Starcraft.
  2. Seedable farm, like what they are in AoE2.

@thangld said:
I am a multiplayer user. So far my experience of the game is not so bad. Anyways, I have some suggestions:

1. For some reason, the delay on multiplayer match is unbearable. I play almost exclusively with players on my small country and ping < 200, yet commands take 1 second to be executed. This is very bad comparing with other RTS games like Starcraft.
  2. Seedable farm, like what they are in AoE2.

2 nope, is easy you just right click in the farm.

Anyone know a way to get from Build 4994 to Build 5101 because i had to reinstall the game to get to 5101 but my friend doesnt have the internet to redown load the game, anyone know if theres an automatic update or will he have to reinstall

or even just a general update that is manually done

Plz put color selecting in multiplayer, fix bugs, pathfinding and put stats on the game.

Im bored to play blue when im hosting session.

pls improve pathfinding

@GrimREaPeR95169 said:
Anyone know a way to get from Build 4994 to Build 5101 because i had to reinstall the game to get to 5101 but my friend doesnt have the internet to redown load the game, anyone know if theres an automatic update or will he have to reinstall

If you go to the Windows store and find the game there should be an update button (if the game is installed) next to where you installed it from

@Adsoff said:

@GrimREaPeR95169 said:

If you go to the Windows store and find the game there should be an update button (if the game is installed) next to where you installed it from

What happens if the game gets to the inital start screen, when i click play, but then closes straight away. Theres no update button and the last time this happened i had to uninstall and restall just to get from Build 4994 to Build 5101, I am currently annoyed with the fact that ive used over 30 GB of internet already i dont feel comfortable doing this again, i have also already done the app settings and reset, and other things but nothing is working.
if you need more info i can do another post, and i also just checked for updates but nothing is working
if anyone has an answer on how to get it to run without uninstalling that would be great

Im so sick of this bs not launching crap, first install was Build 4994, then the next day didnt launch, so uninstall and reinstall and it said Build 5101, not its not launching again, im positive there is another build update, but no update buttons and the search for updates in the microsoft store have shown no results and there is no way in ā– ā– ā– ā–  im uninstalling the game again, so wtf is going on

ive turned my computer off for 2 hours then back on and it didnt work and ive followed all the support crap but nothing is working other than the uninstall and reinstall

Please add unit formations, this will make the game play so much better.

Can you add age of kings content as an option? I much preferred AOK (unit formations, castles, custom units, etc)> @SinusMiniKing said:

Guys, REALLY? Everything in this game is blocking another thing. Workers block by tree, workers block my other workers, workers block by building , soldiers block by other soldiers when running, soldiers block by other soldier in fights, DID YOU ACUTALLY PLAY THIS THING BEFORE U BRING IT OUT??? GOD **** , poor age of empires that have u as dev. ( sry but this game is useless for now )

bro, this is basically a re-skinned version of the original 90s game. This play style is very classic. I still have the originals on CD but they arenā€™t too friendly to the hi res displays and modern OSs.

single player game your opponents build much fasterā€¦need to make equal

Would like to see castles and gates on the walls

Needed Updates:

Improved Unit Path-finding:
Bring the pathfinding up to date. Fix the units getting stuck on each other while moving. Fix the bug where (usually swordsmen) literally get hung up on each other and cant move until they unstickā€¦ (usually have to wait 20+ seconds or select each unit individually and move somewhere else a bunch of times in different directions to unstick).

If AOM 2 formations and path-finding would be added to this game I would only want to see it as an optional feature as it will change the whole original AOM feel to the game.

Improved AI
AI has many bugs. Iā€™ve played AOE hundreds of hours and am familiar with each civilization and game mode specific AI scripts from an in game perspective. Some civilization AIā€™s are a lot weaker than the others. Also there are many bugs for example: at times the AI will build a wonder in conquest mode (not needed to win and waste of resources) but once they completed the wonder sometimes the AI will ā€œfreezeā€ and the computer player will stop creating new units and not assign the workers any new jobs. They just stand there. Some of the AI scripts are strange; sending units across the map to gather resources without building storage pits that would save them so much more time, if you kill enough workers and damage enough buildings it makes the AI player ā€œweakerā€ and they noticeably stop making strong military units and go into a ā€˜turtleā€™ mode never to recover.

New Expansions!!! I still feel AI and path-finding need some updating and polish before any expansions.

New units
Unit variety is lacking. 2-4 more new unique units would add a lot of life to this old but good title.

Unlikely Dream Updates:

Make each civilization group have unique looks. So for example: all Asian cultures have specific building appearances, all units should also have specific looks. Workers, cavalry, infantry etc. should have distinctive looks. This would be an expensive feature to develop but it would take this remake to the next level. ( I would pay more in an expansion for this!)

@ā€œTrojan RAā€ said:
Would like to see castles and gates on the walls

Castles in ancient era? You mean fortress or strongholds.

@Jabroni1337 said:
Needed Updates:

Improved Unit Path-finding:

Bring the pathfinding up to date. Fix the units getting stuck on each other while moving. Fix the bug where (usually swordsmen) literally get hung up on each other and cant move until they unstickā€¦ (usually have to wait 20+ seconds or select each unit individually and move somewhere else a bunch of times in different directions to unstick).

If AOM 2 formations and path-finding would be added to this game I would only want to see it as an optional feature as it will change the whole original AOM feel to the game.

Improved AI

AI has many bugs. Iā€™ve played AOE hundreds of hours and am familiar with each civilization and game mode specific AI scripts from an in game perspective. Some civilization AIā€™s are a lot weaker than the others. Also there are many bugs for example: at times the AI will build a wonder in conquest mode (not needed to win and waste of resources) but once they completed the wonder sometimes the AI will ā€œfreezeā€ and the computer player will stop creating new units and not assign the workers any new jobs. They just stand there. Some of the AI scripts are strange; sending units across the map to gather resources without building storage pits that would save them so much more time, if you kill enough workers and damage enough buildings it makes the AI player ā€œweakerā€ and they noticeably stop making strong military units and go into a ā€˜turtleā€™ mode never to recover.

New Expansions!!! I still feel AI and path-finding need some updating and polish before any expansions.

New units

Unit variety is lacking. 2-4 more new unique units would add a lot of life to this old but good title.

Unlikely Dream Updates:

Make each civilization group have unique looks. So for example: all Asian cultures have specific building appearances, all units should also have specific looks. Workers, cavalry, infantry etc. should have distinctive looks. This would be an expensive feature to develop but it would take this remake to the next level. ( I would pay more in an expansion for this!)

Basically a new game.

The villagers getting stuck on berry bushes thing isnā€™t really a bugā€¦ itā€™s more to do with the fact that villagers can now be seen from 32 angles like all the other unitsā€¦ but they can still only collect resources from the original 8 anglesā€¦ due to the limits of the engine. If the villagers were only able to move in 8 angles it would be visually clear when they were unable to get around forage bushes and trees, and it would be less confusing.

But to have all the other units in 32 angles and the villagers in 8 would be weird. Lol.

I can put up with that just fine. Itā€™s fine because everyone has to deal with it so itā€™s fair.

What I REALLY want is the ability to add custom AI files to random map and multiplayer. Iā€™ve got an AI file for random map that so far has a 100% win rate versus standard AIs on land maps. But I canā€™t actually use it outside of single player scenarios.