⌛ COMING SOON! Age of Empires II: DE September Update!

Happy Friday, everyone! To help you through the weekend, our own, BBQTurkman, has an exclusive look at the upcoming September Update and the changes on the way to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition:

Here are the major highlights:

• Unlock new profile icons, mods, and an exclusive cheat code during the Teutons Event!
  • Hold out against waves of enemies in the Barbarossa Brawl challenge scenario!
  • Implemented several pathfinding improvements for Villagers.
  • Gates will no longer permanently lock in the “open” position.
  • Adjustments to the Arabia, Bog Islands, Fortress, Megarandom, Scandinavia, and Socotra maps.

More details next week!

46 Likes

Will there be Battle Elephant + Elite Battle Elephant for Indians :elephant:? :blush:

21 Likes

Please put Battle Elephant + Elite Battle Elephant for Indians

10 Likes

Lol people are right now facing problems with Battle Eles and Indians should get it? No, because it would take away the camel focus.

without mentioning the potential opness with cheaper villagers and fishermen workrate.

3 Likes

evangelos, can you at least mention if there will be balance changes or not?

8 Likes

Fix multiplayer out of sync.

10 Likes

Agreed. There also has to be the fix on the game crash as well.

3 Likes

they said last patch that they would be doing a small update this time around, in prep for a big patch in october
i highly doubt Indians get BE/EBE without some significant nerf to offset it.

they mentioned this last patch.
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-update-40220/

Next month should be similar in scale as we amass changes to release in a larger, quarterly update.

7 Likes

YEEEEEEEES!

This bug terrorised black forest for far too long!

3 Likes

Vil pathing and more open Arabia? :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Disappointing that there are no reskins to units or forage bushes or any terrain changes. :frowning:

1 Like

Open the forum
See people want Battle Elefants for Indians
Close the forum

13 Likes

Will Coastal get some adjustments to let it less RNG in the future? At least let players have the same distance to the shore?

2 Likes

Please free event’s achievements from XBOX LIVE!

I can’t sign in into Xbox live for 2 weeks and even support pages couldn’t solve my problem.:face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I’d like to know about some major updates coming. Those events are nice, but not really that exciting to be honest compared to the major content updates we got in the past.

5 Likes

Next month. Patience you must have, my young padawan.

6 Likes

please only implement the anti-cheat on multiplayer games, not single-player scenario and campaign

I just hope those new anti-cheat mechanisms do not break the possibility to run the game in SteamLinux/Proton (like it happened with a recent update to a game called Fall Guys).

Being a Teutons related month is a bunch of no sense to nerf them…

Great news! Can’t wait for improved villager pathing.

The map changes seem to address the common complaint that Arabia is too easy to wall.

Special events are always nice, but I’m still hoping for some important bug fixes, like the disconnect issues in team games. Maybe that’s too much to ask, we’ll see.

1 Like