Commending Forum Users

I’m gonna make a bold move.

In the beta faq, there’s the statement that good and meaningful forum participation might get you in the beta. Well, I challange you to live up to that promise.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/54/age-of-empires-insider-program-faq/p1

Obviously, I’m trying to be helpful myself, but that’s not why I’m making this thread. Self-judgement isn’t the point. Instead, I will say that I’m checking these forums daily and there’s a couple of names popping up on a regular basis. And with some of them I can reliably predict that they have to say something on-topic and meaningful. Note that it’s just my perception and if I haven’t mentioned you, it doesn’t mean you’re not as good, it just means it escaped my attention or I simply forgot. So if you agree, disagree or have someone to commend yourself, please post below.

(We’re all eager to get into the beta, if you’re looking for the easy way in, this is not it. Please be honest in your forum-activity judgement)

So my commendations are:
@Penelinfi
@RWNorthPole

Thanks for the good discussions so far.

King DarBoja and Mystic Taboo would be good choices as well.

I imagine they have a lot of AoE2 ladder players, pro players, devs, designers etc in the Beta as well. I’m sure it isn’t just a bunch of plebs hahaha

Aw, thanks @GrimToadstool :slight_smile: I haven’t been as active these past few weeks as I used to be (Uni just started and it’s very hectic!) but I’m still lurking and reading whenever I have in time.

Truth be told, I’m not too worried about getting into the Beta anymore. I was mostly hyped for it when I had time to spare, but now that’s gone. At this point, it doesn’t make too much of a difference - I’ll only get to play a few hours, and my game is pre-ordered and waiting for me anyway!

Also, seconded on @Raw1812 's comment. They’re both great choices for these commendations. There’s quite a few of us cool regulars here :). We should get a clan of some sort set up once DE hits the shelves for real, I’d definitely love to.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Gamescomm (though cost a fortune getting to Germany) so I’m not too disheartened about not getting beta access, but there are lots of forum regulars who you mention who should be involved in the beta if the ‘pitch,’ for becoming an insider had any truth to it.

At least rhrmn got invited, who is the most active forum member and finds the most useful info to share.

I love North Pope’s suggestion of a clan for all us forum ‘regs’.

Clan idea is great, should we setup a discord server?

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Gamescomm (though cost a fortune getting to Germany) so I’m not too disheartened about not getting beta access, but there are lots of forum regulars who you mention who should be involved in the beta if the ‘pitch,’ for becoming an insider had any truth to it.

At least rhrmn got invited, who is the most active forum member and finds the most useful info to share.

I love North Pope’s suggestion of a clan for all us forum ‘regs’.

Went ahead and set up a page for the clan as well as a discord server - info is here
Paging @GrimToadstool @Raw1812 @Penelinfi @KingDarBoja. Invite anyone you want, the link is public.

Completely agree with all that was said here.