Community driven translations

Please allow the international community to participate in the translation process.
A community driven approach by opening up and sharing the resource tables will help to find the best possible translations. Especially since the proper words for a menu or situation are context-specific and could not be done correctly by simply translating words and sentences on a page.
It’ll also enable you to serve the game in more languages than ever before. The more languages are supported, the larger the potential group of customers. :smile:

On a side note: It would be great if we would have more flexibility with language content. In the AoE series it was always hard to switch languages or use subtitles to the original voice acting. Please enable these options in the in-game menus.

Members should volunteer their language skills here. Dev team is reading these threads.

@FretfulRocket61 said:
Members should volunteer their language skills here. Dev team is reading these threads.

For me, that’s german. :smile:

It would be also really interesting to know if the voice-overs will be localized.

I would also appreciate to help with german, even if Microsoft has probably professional staff
for this.

@“Jonas Klose” said:

@FretfulRocket61 said:

For me, that’s german. :smile:

Dutch for me :slight_smile:

Spanish/Mexican here

Czech here, ready to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Norwegian here :slight_smile:

I could certainly help with Welsh, but I think Welsh is a little to obscure to be there :stuck_out_tongue:

i can help with Romanian.

@Nye1254 said:
I could certainly help with Welsh, but I think Welsh is a little to obscure to be there :stuck_out_tongue:

Even languages that are spoken by few people, like Klingon are interesting for a translation. There are people who wish to learn those languages or like to read them. Yes, the majority of the players will play in English but don’t underestimate the accessibility und comfort of a localized version.

One thing I have loved about what I see in the AoE community is how ready and willing most people seem to be to help each other. Well evidenced by this thread. The best way to make sure this forum is a fun place is to have fun!

I’m Dutch, and our language is not included in the package most of the times. But hey, still want to help if needed

Dutch here too, id love to help if possible ^^

But why do it in Dutch? I speak Dutch too but honestly, games translated in Dutch are a joke, why would anyone want to play that? Seems more like a waste of recources to me. I played some in the past and apart from kids games that are voiced there is really no added value. Dutch games give me the creeps xp

In this case I am ready to do my part with the translation in Italian

Traslations can help with marketing or something like that, but I still prefer the English version, I am Brazilian, and every type of translations of games, movies, music… whathever, It think we lost some ideas or meanings.

I always prefer in original Language.

@smitske said:
But why do it in Dutch? I speak Dutch too but honestly, games translated in Dutch are a joke, why would anyone want to play that? Seems more like a waste of recources to me. I played some in the past and apart from kids games that are voiced there is really no added value. Dutch games give me the creeps xp

I think it’s a good idea to transelate all the text and buttons. For example; I was very young when I played AOE for the first time so I didn’t understood all the text in English. And in a lot of countries in the world it’s not very common to speak English so it will be a good investment. And this way also the new generation in non-English countries can enjoy AEO.

You’re right about the voice acting, we should keep this in English. Dutch sounds terrible in games and television-series :').