Community Questions Answered During Gamescom Stream

The community still has a lot of unanswered questions about Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and the insider program. For those of us who are unable to make it to Gamescom in a few weeks would the Age Team please consider posting a thread where fans could comment with their questions and then advertise the thread on social media? A select few of these questions could then be answered during the Gamescom stream and afterwards posted to the blog.

Below are a few of the most popular questions on the forums which as far as I know have not yet been answered by the Age Team or Forgotten Empires. I’m hoping some of these were already planned to be answered at the event.

Will AoE:DE have…

1. LAN multiplayer support?
  2. improved post-game stats?
  3. an in-game technology tree?
  4. a ranked and unranked multiplayer matchmaking system?
  5. an observer mode and replay system?
  6. unit formations?
  7. A.I. improvements?

This would be helpful for me, atm bc I am in the Hospital atm again, with an infection and will be in the hospital for Gamescom. Thank you @rhrmn for starting this.

Yep, well said @rhrmn

Agree.

I hope so. It would be pretty awesome to see this game relived again. I played it a lot as a kid.

Mods support ? We need that please !!!

@BornPants34 said:

As much as that would be awesome, I doubt that they will have this. First and foremost it is a remaster. Secondly, if the developers wanted to have a strong modding community, they would also look to steam as it has one of the strongest if I’m not mistaken.

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@BornPants34 said:

As much as that would be awesome, I doubt that they will have this. First and foremost it is a remaster. Secondly, if the developers wanted to have a strong modding community, they would also look to steam as it has one of the strongest if I’m not mistaken.

AOE2HD has mod support, and that is a remaster.

As for them not being on Steam, the Xbox Platform seems to allow mod support, as I know that at least Skyrim Remastered, and Fallout 4 have mods on Xbox. Microsoft should be able to do that if they deem it worth doing (and they will have seen how successful the modding community is from AOE2HD).

@Plasticcaz said:

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@BornPants34 said:

AOE2HD has mod support, and that is a remaster.

As for them not being on Steam, the Xbox Platform seems to allow mod support, as I know that at least Skyrim Remastered, and Fallout 4 have mods on Xbox. Microsoft should be able to do that if they deem it worth doing (and they will have seen how successful the modding community is from AOE2HD).

I too thought we had not heard from the Age Team or Forgotten Empires about mod support until I scoured the web looking for responses on Steam, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Here is a response from @Plus2Joe on Steam responding to the question about mod support for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition:

“…Age of Empires: Definitive Edition IS a Windows 10 exclusive. Some folks in this thread have pointed out that there’s currently no mod support on the Windows 10 store, and they’re right… While I don’t have anything more to announce right now about this, I want to put some fears to rest by making clear that we absolutely understand how important mods and custom scenarios are to this community, and we have not neglected that as a consideration for this title. Keep an eye on our social channels and AgeofEmpires.com for news in the future.”

If UPatch can give a mod folder, it should be a piece of cake for these devs aside from if MS will allow it or not ;p

@Penelinfi said:
If UPatch can give a mod folder, it should be a piece of cake for these devs aside from if MS will allow it or not ;p

Support or no support, people always find a way.