Community Team Changes: Goodbye Plus2Joe!

Hey everyone!

I’m sad to say that next week I’ll be leaving the Age of Empires team here at Microsoft Studios. It’s been my privilege for the last few years to work alongside some of the greatest RTS professionals in the industry, serving the most passionate and resilient community in gaming as it enters its third decade. Between the three upcoming DE titles and Age of Empires IV, Age of Empires is entering a brand-new era that was made possible in no small part by the support, dedication, and feedback of our amazing community, and I’m so grateful to have been here to represent your interests during that transformation!

As with previous team changes, we’ve ensured you’re still in excellent hands during and after this transition: @jennywaboom and @snickerdoodle are two of the most talented CMs I know, not to mention Baroness Von Panda on Castle Siege, all the folks from Forgotten Empires, and of course the crack Community team over at Relic, whom you’ll be meeting before too long! You’ve also still got our resident Age producer, @Robeyone, to kick around. And I can’t forget our indefatigable VCMs, who have been with us through thick and thin and guard our realm with a vigilance bordering on heroism: @“Andy P”, @AnotherRiddle, @Chuggles22, @InflamedNut2, and @“Wicked Wulf”.

Although I’m excited for my next steps, I’m still heartbroken to be leaving the helm of this incomparable group of gamers… especially during the immensely exciting times that are on the horizon! From the bottom of my heart, thanks for being a community worth fighting for. I’m as excited as you are about the announcements we made this summer, and I can’t wait to see what this new Age brings!

Best,
Joe