Player 3: Ethiopians
Player 4: Koreans
Resources: Ultra High
Treaty: 60 minutes
Population Limit: 400
Visibility: All-Visible
Victory Condition: Conquest
Cheats: Disabled

It’s impossible unless you have AI-level APM.

Not really sure why i want to play with these uncommon settings at all. The game isnt balanced about these settings.

These are the settings I play with except for the Extreme AI part because I can only beat the Hard AI besides the settings are to prove that no human can beat the AI in the Post-Imperial age.

By that do they mean the standard AI difficulty or the AI in general?

Is it only me who now wants to do this just to show @FoughtBird1976 he is wrong, as in so many other threads he posts in? Sadly dont have the time today, will share the replay as soon as I get to it…

Well sounds a little bit like you love to hurt yourself

Sadly I dont know, if with standard only the DE AI is meant or the DE AI with Standard difficulty. Only play AI in events and Campaings (which atm are almost unplayable :/)

The reason if I am wrong is that I am not a high ELO expert level player and I play the game more as a city builder than an RTS game but I do have experience with everything the game has to offer which lets me give a lot of insight. The things I say may only be wrong from your perspective. BTW, can you give an example of where I am wrong in another thread, my views change from time to time and I too think I may be wrong about some of the things I posted.

I do have fun with those settings because it makes the late game battles look like they did in real life rather than the AoE variant.

I don’t think the extreme AI is even 1000 ELO. It overreacts with counter units if you rush it, if you don’t you can get away with naked FC in pretty much anything because it sucks at raiding itself, even if it got improved in this regard. On Arena you can rush monk production and go straight for the relic win pretty easily.

It’s really hard because the AI can easily manage its army and spam from all its buildings at once. But a decent deathmatch player should be able to beat theextreme AI in a treaty or deathmatch game.

They mean the DE AI, not just the standard difficulty.

1 Like

I’m going to try and unlock it on Saturday. In fact, I actually tried it today but I lost my internet and the game crashed right after I won.

1 Like

3.6% :smiley: people getting better at the game :joy:

1 Like

I think comparing ELO to the Extreme AI would probably have to be split by ages. They aren’t that strong in early game and obviously react poorly to rushes, but are extremely strong in post-imp where they can essentially ‘micro’ every unit on the map across multiple fronts…

Oh and also if people are struggling to beat the Extreme AI to get the achievement the easiest way to cheese it is:
Nomad
All visible map
Locate and fight the enemy villagers while they are building the TC. For some reason they don’t fight back.

3 Likes

So, just finished the challenge. I read it as the Standard difficulty AI would react while playing it. So, I played it. No feedback at all. Very boring. 1/2 way through I gave the AI all my resources. Nothing. Then I built 3 wonders. Amassed an enormous army and razed the AI. Nada. Does anybody know what it means?

1 Like

Dont knwo either, but make sure you activate the corresponding mod in mod manager

thanks for trying to respond to the OP question, had to scroll down very far

You will be greeted at the start of games with both Skirmish and Multiplayer, however in Multiplayer only the host will be greeted by the AI if they have the mod enable.

From the event.per file:
Thou hast proven thyself a worthy foe! %s, this time I shall lay waste to thine lands instead!
Thou wast verily fortunate to triumph during our last battle, %s. This time, thou shalt bend the knee!
I am gladdened to see thee on my side, %s. Together we shall hew down the fiends standing against us!
thou hast proven thyself a worthy foe! Now, I am much relieved to have thee as mine ally in the coming battle

2 Likes

Just did it and I got the mod.

The Extreme AI is difficult to beat in Post-Imp, but with some civs like Goths it’s quite doable as you can counter the AI spam with Goth spam.
But if you don’t want to do a post imp battle, you can still just go with the standard settings, pick persians and douche the AI, or pick incas and go for the 19 pop feudal villager/tower rush

Or you can pick a strong civ like Persians and play against a meso civ. Use unlimited resource, post imp setup in a closed map, spam the hell out of it and crush the enemy. It’s also very fun and shows how powerful those gold intensive units are.

1 Like

You don’t need those settings. All you need is play extreme AI in a 4v4 (pretty standard game) with you being flank on fast. 100% of the time you will be hit by the ai pocket with knights while you are in feudal age, while your AI pocket barely does anything to defend you even if you ask. I can only beat this scenario 50% of the time while I beat AI 1v1 or 2v2 100% of the time on extreme and fast speed.

1 Like

I think people underestimate the ELO of the extreme AI. I’ve seen streamers around 1000 ELO play games against the AI and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them beat the extreme AI. I’ve seen streamers around 1000 ELO lose to hard AI. For example, I watched a stream where the streamer was being coached on how to do Turks fast imp on Arena, and the coach did a demo and made it look so easy to beat the extreme AI that way. Then the approx 1000 ELO streamer had a go, their army arrived several minutes later, and they lost. I think the lower ELO players who can beat extreme AI are those who are unusually good at executing build orders, but are weaker after that (if they were strong beyond the end of the build order as well, they’d be higher than 1000 ELO). So they get that crucial early attack in before the AI is ready, but the window to do that is quite small, and many 1000 ELO players don’t execute build orders well enough to arrive in that window. That’s on Arabia, on Arena and Hideout there are strategies that will beat the extreme AI even if you’re not that great at execution.

I don’t think there’s any rule that says you can’t 7v1 the AI to get the achievement because I’ve been cheesing all the events getting the unlocks instantly or going afk to get them, the AI does all the work for me most the time, 7v1. They should make events more challenging.