I’ve been watching a lot of Age2:DE streams, especially from people with a non-AoE background or people coming from other RTS games like Starcraft 2.
Here is a list of things I think the majority of the community agrees should be added, improved or changed.
The obvious ones:
- Focusing the camera on a group split across the map doesn’t center on the largest group but rather the average position when double-tapping control group key
- Not possible to swap CTRL and shift key behavior (appending and removing units from a group)
- Not possible to walk over farms with military units without attacking them
- Missing select all idle military units hotkey
- Weird elo system, no ranks / divisions, no full ladder
- Not possible to jump to certain points in a replay
- No spectator POV that shows all player POVs at once plus fog of war
- Units (especially scouts) tend to chase after the wrong target, even after multiple right clicks (Maybe fixed?)
- Matchmaking not respecting locations, amount of lag is a coinflip from game to game
- Lack of stats and graphs post-game (APM, build order, most used unit, damage done / taken, …)
- Not possible to change tabs while in matchmaking queue
- A lot of people didn’t realize there were multiple pages in the campaigns menu, the bookmarks don’t stand out enough
- Matchmaking seems to rapidly expand on the range of elo you can get matched with - saw a relatively new player get matched with #1 and #7 on the ladder
No map selection Grid way too thick “How does this map look again?” - some sort of map preview in the ranked queue missing Units not converging by default, barely anyone knows about the alt-move to make units converge
Updated list with respect to the latest patch.