Concerning new info about AOE4: progression system

@IamDalv said:
Thing is we’re on an ex-AOEOnline forum, part of the few members here are like half the population that used to play that game, so people here tend to see grind as feature in an RTS.

Correction: grind, loot boxes, in game micro-transactions, and multiplayer centric. So pretty much a moba. Most people want a moba like AOE. And most people also act like they play lot of moba because when someone prove them wrong after a respectful discussion they press spam or abuse. Not all, but we have got some.

@rhrmn said:
That said, back on topic, progression systems are fine so long as they don’t give the most active players an unfair advantage or lock essential content away.
Well that doesn’t work. Off course a most active players will get a fair advantage in today’s gaming market. Because they have played longer. They will have better gear and so on. In old AOEs it was about skills, and that’s what a most active player was able to get and improve up on.

The part of AoEO that I like best are its six amazing civil that manage to be all things unique, historically intelligent, full of interesting features, strategically rich, and fun to play. I like the customization of unit skins and PvE gear, too. And it’s PvP, which is fast paced and tons of fun while being totally fair and gives zero advantage to longtime players.

@Mehkind said:

@rhrmn said:
That said, back on topic, progression systems are fine so long as they don’t give the most active players an unfair advantage or lock essential content away.
Well that doesn’t work. Off course a most active players will get a fair advantage in today’s gaming market. Because they have played longer. They will have better gear and so on. In old AOEs it was about skills, and that’s what a most active player was able to get and improve up on.

That’s what I’m trying to say. The focus should be on skill level. Gear with better stats gives players an unfair advantage in multiplayer.

@UnboltedCord996 said:

[mod edited]

I’m not the only one raising the flagging system issue to the community team. If you have a problem with me, private message @“Andy P” or one of the other moderators.

@bubble said:
oh my god please no squad mechanics. we want actual aoe type of macro, not dumbed down squad mechanics

Actually, I hope they do have at least a limited form of the squad systems. I don’t necessarily want a super detailed one (no cool down abilities please), but I do like the idea of a “unit” being a group of troops that can be reinforced and such similar to how it was in Dawn of War 1. Again, not precisely that, but close. However, a big caveat to this; keep the scale of AOE 2 or bigger. I absolutely do not want AOE 4 being a small single-battle scenario the way DOW 1 or even Age 3 were.

@rhrmn said:
I’m not the only one raising the flagging system issue to the community team. If you have a problem with me, private message @“Andy P” or one of the other moderators.

Okay I will message you rhrmn , sorry Andy p