Console Villager Automation NEEDS improvement

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 99404
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox (all)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox (all)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Village Automation sucks at seeing the town center as a viable drop off point. (I guess…?)
Villager automation will send villagers between bases to harvest resources, regardless if those resources are local [Video 1].

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100% of the time once conditions are met.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a second town center away from your first one and have it make its own villagers
  2. Watch as the automation will command villagers from town center 1 to go to town center 2, and vias versa

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

that’s about it. they will either travel between bases CONSTANTLY, or die trying. or if there’s an island in the mix, stand against the coastline forever. [Video 2]

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Video 1
XboxClips.com - D1tect1veM1tten playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. Watch more Xbox Clips at XboxClips.com

Video 1 notes: One of my friends who are new to the game kept complaining about villagers marching to their death. several times in the replay he directly commands villagers from the new base he is making to mine the stone next to his town center. The villager Automation kept directing all newly made villagers to march THROUGH HOSTILE land, to get to a stone mine that’s probably 200 tiles away, rather than the stone pile that’s 1 title away from the town center.

Video 2
Xbox Clips - View your xbox clips, Xbox game clips, and screenshots. The best xboxclips website! Better than XboxClips.com - d1tect1vem1tten playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

Video 2 notes: This is a rough example I tried to make in a few seconds.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

<can’t because I’m on xbox. hopefully the video clips will do>