Constant issue with hotkeys // Always Deselects unit or building

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION
BUILD #: V. 201.12.1840.0
PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Currently, I have all of my selection group hotkeys moved off of the numerics (1,2,3 etc.). Instead, I use those numeric hotkeys to create units (military, settlers) and control my military/explorer (stances/crackshot). Whenever I try to use these numeric hotkeys, the game instead deselects my unit/building and tries to find the corresponding selection group for that number, despite the fact that my hotkeys (both legacy and default) are switched off of the numeric hotkeys. This is making it very difficult to play and disrupting the flow of the game drastically.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. change all selection group hotkeys off of numerics and onto another key
  2. change “create x” (villager, unit, etc) to a numeric
  3. select correct building and press the hotkey to create.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Normally, I can spam the create villager button as much as I want without my town center being deselected. I can also use the crackshot on my explorer without him being deselected.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

The building/unit gets deselected and the game selects or tries to select the corresponding control group of that number (which has been switched off of that number).

Please fix this… it is ruining my competitive experience. Thank you for your time.

5 Likes

Same issues for me. I’m trying to use Alt + 1 to select all units of current selection but when pressing this hotkey it’s just selecting group 1.

2 Likes

Same here. I changed the UI layout to see if it would change things but I still get the same bugs. Building hotkeys don’t work most of the time also :pensive:

2 Likes

Need empty Legacy and Default.

1 Like

I have a similar issue using my Escape key, which I normally use to deselect control groups. By default, the Escape key permanently deletes chat and treasure logs. Even though I’ve unbinded Escape from that function, it continues to do it.

This game has a serious problem with unbindable hotkeys.

1 Like

When I bind find scout on mouse 3 (middle mouse) and delete the last notification bind (because it is normal on mouse 3) and then save it, it will still jump to the last notification with mouse 3.

2 Likes