Constructive critizism after Rus vs Delhi showmatch

I think in AOM, only the guys actually touching the building get attacked by the oil, not the ones behind them. here. almost 25/30 vills received damage.

1 Like

You can also NOT influence where and when the oil is being used. That would’ve allowed him to at least attack the same side twice and score some kills. It’s all very random and supposed to just be watched passively without looking all that spectacular :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Haha, saw that. These problems really shouldn’t be there in a triple A flagship game. Four years is a long time. :worried:

5 Likes

The game was announced in 2017, but that doesn’t mean they started active production at that point. Game could’ve gone full production in like 2019.

I see it more as a AA game. Can’t imagine that a ton of people of relic is working on these animations.

2 Likes

Isso que dá colocar estagiários na equipe e deixar os melhores e mais competentes pro CoH3

5 Likes

Edited original post
Added Streltsy to the ‘animation not looped’ list and the War Elephant to the ‘lackluster animation’ list

For everyone that doesn’t want to read the OP again, to try to figure out where it changed:

Streltsy:

War Elephant:

1 Like

Strelci also run with their axe blades pointing up which is quite weird. But its work in progress since in the latest footage they have longer shafts and not short axes as they had month ago.

1 Like

They do, they just don’t care

3 Likes

And what about chickens in main building? I definitely won’t buy a game until devs animate it :smiley:

7 Likes

Nice post, good points. #5 is particularly important. I’ve been an RTS maniac for decades, and yet I find it difficult to tell who is winning a match or what is happening because the screen doesn’t show you the villager and military counts of the players, or the production queue. We need to see that, at the very least.

This issue in particular will make it very hard to develop a dedicated viewership for tournaments and the like.

2 Likes

Honestly the CaptureAge team should just make an AoE4 version :grin:

1 Like

agree 100% , good thread mate. i saw those too in other matches . glad someone noticed it

1 Like

No, it isn’t. That was Philippe Boulle, who is not with Relic any longer.

“Narrative Lead - Age of Empires IV
Mar 2019 - Present”

Well…is linkedIn lying or what? This is not even half a google search away, m8.

3 Likes

He’s currently the Narrative lead. Which is something related to the campaigns and story telling.

He isn’t the lead director of Aoe IV however.

So unless people thought the story was notably deficient in DOW 3 then idk what people are worrying about.

3 Likes

Oh nevermind, you’re right, looks like he got hired back but not as game director.

You also forgot to add the animation of the ram being destroyed - it litteraly transforms into a pile of tiny splinters.

2 Likes
  1. Reread my comment.

2. Don’t be posting people’s names online.

It’s publicly available information.
And we are only talking about their involvement on a project, nothing about personal matters.
This is nowhere equivalent to doxing etc.

3 Likes