Could this image show what AOE4 is going to be?

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:
Here, another Image taken from “game with us section”

It seems to show some different structures , maybe medieval maybe modern. Let’s go my CSI Friends

do you have that image on a higher resolution?
i tried find this image on the relic page but no success.

Unfortunately not. Anyway this is the source:

@“Pan Calvus” said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

It seems to show some different structures , maybe medieval maybe modern. Let’s go my CSI Friends

Unfortunately not. Anyway this is the source:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Photos/Relic-Entertainment-Office-Photos-E533032.htm

It says there the picture is from November 18 2015.

I don’t see the other 2 pictures, but I’m reasonably sure none of it is AOE4 now.

i Think it’s relating to AOE4. See at the works on the middle. Those are similar to artworks on the first image i’ve uploaded:

Microsoft is working on AOE4 since 1 year ago…

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

another point: on relic page they use what looks being marble as background for the AOE4

I always though about the black marble thing. It’s from the AOE4 logo and from the official presentation as well. Marble is more specific with older times than modern times. The same black marble is used on AOE1 DE as well, only less shiny

So my theory. , shinier black marble would be closer in time than AOE1 ancient timeline, but not modern.

@IamDalv said:

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

another point: on relic page they use what looks being marble as background for the AOE4

I always though about the black marble thing. It’s from the AOE4 logo and from the official presentation as well. Marble is more specific with older times than modern times. The same black marble is used on AOE1 DE as well, only less shiny

So my theory. , shinier black market would be closer in time than AOE1 ancient timeline, but not modern.

My only theory is relic the guys of CoH , so WW1-WW2 and modern warfare.

@Augustusman said:

@IamDalv said:

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

So my theory. , shinier black market would be closer in time than AOE1 ancient timeline, but not modern.

I doubt. Why they should make another game set in ww2? It would be in competition to Company of Heroes. Relic is probably working on next installment of the saga.

I think AOE 4 will cover more periods from ancient times to napoleonica era

My bet is still on the classical era, full blown height of their power Roman Empire and friends. An Alexander the Great campaign too.

They couldn’t do that for age2, because there would be too much overlap with Rise of Rome. (And looking back from the HD era all the extra expansions were very much made possible by the chosen period and the documentation on it from around the world, so good job there.) They didn’t want to do it for age3, because it felt like a step back. But now they can do it, and it’s the biggest gap they still have.

And the marble motif fits either that period or the renaissance era best, as minor of a hint as it may be.

I have a ton of hype now after seeing that. I really want a release this winter.

@GrizzGolf said:
I have a ton of hype now after seeing that. I really want a release this winter.

AOE4 Will probably release at early 2019

@GrizzGolf said:

That’s impossible, they are in early development phases.

hello, I say my thought: First of all, congratulations to all those who have found images / photos and have shared with us. In any case, I think that the photos of the guys who are working, do not necessarily have to be of AoE4, it would be like spoiling the game. I think instead that the background of black marble is more significant where it is written AoE 4. We have the certainty that it is related to AoE4. To give you an example: with that background, it is highly unlikely that the game is set in the future, do you agree?

@CostlierParrot3 said:

hello, I say my thought: First of all, congratulations to all those who have found images / photos and have shared with us. In any case, I think that the photos of the guys who are working, do not necessarily have to be of AoE4, it would be like spoiling the game. I think instead that the background of black marble is more significant where it is written AoE 4. We have the certainty that it is related to AoE4. To give you an example: with that background, it is highly unlikely that the game is set in the future, do you agree?

You’re observation is interesting. However AOE4 will not be set in the future, i’m sure. Shannon Loftis said about it on the German magazine “Game star”

@nonlosojimmy said:

@CostlierParrot3 said:

You’re observation is interesting. However AOE4 will not be set in the future, i’m sure. Shannon Loftis said about it on the German magazine “Game star”

and sincerely, the black marble background does not inspire me to the world wars …

@nonlosojimmy said:

@Augustusman said:

@IamDalv said:

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

I doubt. Why they should make another game set in ww2? It would be in competition to Company of Heroes. Relic is probably working on next installment of the saga.

I think AOE 4 will cover more periods from ancient times to napoleonica era

Isn’t Empire Earth.

@nonlosojimmy said:

@GrizzGolf said:

AOE4 Will probably release at early 2019
They only show a teaser, they don’t show any game play, I doubt.

https://www.relic.com/#slider look 3 pictures further (in the slider) from the picture showed in this topic and you see a samurai sword. So there is something with samurai. This still doesn’t mean anything about aoe4… Hopefully they will show something at the E3 this year, like some screenshots and some decissions they made about the game.

Those slides also show sumo suits. Sumo unit confirmed?

I think it is safe to say that whatever era the game is set in, we know it will take place inside of an office building.

@“Andy P” said:
I think it is safe to say that whatever era the game is set in, we know it will take place inside of an office building.

Or they’re going release a homeless game edition as well

An RTS about game developers in an office building could be kind of cool. But managers have too much of an attack bonus vs artists.