Countries in age of empires 4 and triple alliance

there is a time when no age of empires exists, triplice alliance war.
war of the triplice alliance in the beginning 1882, age of empires IV and an excellent setting to start the war of the triple alliance.

add continent: america, europe, africa, oceania.

age of empires 4 has to be a mix of age of empires 3 and age of empires 2.

age of empires 4 all countries of america have specific construction. countries of europe specific constructions, countries of africa constructions of africa, countries of asia wonders of asia

Sorry but can be better WW and WW2

@Augustusman said:
Sorry but can be better WW and WW2

Honestly, I would like to see a World War 1 game. Usually its always World War 2, World War 1 seemed like a time where generals had to adapt to new weapons. The trite and true blocks of infantry were rendered obsolete by entrenched machine guns that could mow lines of people down with ease. From what I’ve read it seems like with the gun becoming more reliable and practical in use in comparison to guns found in age of empires 3. Along with tanks, this forced change to the tactics and command of any army involved in the war.
Just a thought, but I’m sure there were interesting warfare related things in World War 1 that could make the setting a good game. Although I definitely see the dislike for the idea of a 19th century setting

just think about the resources, oil, stone, wood, food, gas, electricity. how do you want them to gather it? there would be 100 buildings needed for everything. its not like you can put some villagers on gas like you put them on wood in other age of empires games. they will need to be in the building which would mean they cant be raided. that ruins the entire purpose of aoe. ww1/ww2 era just wont work out

@bubble said:
just think about the resources, oil, stone, wood, food, gas, electricity. how do you want them to gather it? there would be 100 buildings needed for everything. its not like you can put some villagers on gas like you put them on wood in other age of empires games. they will need to be in the building which would mean they cant be raided. that ruins the entire purpose of aoe. ww1/ww2 era just wont work out

You need a carpenter and lumber mill to refine the logs to planks and you need guilds of different craftsmen to shape the planks into tools and other equipment.
Where are the iron or bronze mines?
Where are they getting the tin to to refine to bronze?
Gold isn’t the only metal you need.
Shouldn’t you have to make villagers to put into different buildings to do different tasks?
Why doesn’t the game track all the different crops you are growing?
People don’t eat things such as wheat directly from the ground when it is ready to harvest.

It has always been condensed, and games like Merchants and Marauders exist and provide the contrast in the fact that they incorporate the idea of tons of roles to get even 1 soldier or new building.

Coal and lumber where still resources needed in the 19th century, I’m sure something could easily be figure out. Besides I wouldn’t want to be playing the exact same game again

What that tasty elk said. Thinking outside the Age of Empires formula a 20th century game could run on ore, fuel/coal/oil/one of them/all of them and food. That has the major lines covered. If you really wanted to you could even ditch the fuel and have power plants instead, that just produce power by existing or power all the buildings in a certain range.

Since this is about an Age of Empires game and we want a four resource structure, food, fuel, ore and money could work. It’s a little awkward designating one of those as the defensive buildings resource, but I guess money could be it, or money could be replaced by clay for bricks or gravel for concrete or just plain old stone for fok it we’re going oldschool. (Admittedly, a developer thinking this out for a while can probably design something even more natural.)

Now, I figure if they are going to do a game including both world wars (questionable) those wars will be at the core of ages 3 and 4, meaning the game starts maybe just post-Napoleon, around civil war era. But that works with the same resources…