Cover Mode - Range Resistance bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

  • GAME BUILD #: 50830
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I noticed that units with Range Resistance and access to Cover Mode have wrong value of RR while being in cover. I noticed two cases so far (Aztec WarChief and Coyote Runner), but probably there are more units with this issue.

Both Aztec Hero and Coyote Runner have 10% base RR. Cover Mode should add 50% to that value, so total should be 60%. However they both have 55% RR while being in cover.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

  1. Just start the game as the Aztecs
  2. Put War Chief into Cover Mode
  3. Check his stats

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Base Range Resistance + 50% is expected

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

This is Coyote Runner in Cover Mode after card “Temple of Xipe Totec Support” was send. That card increases his base RR to 20%. So upgraded Coyote in Cover Mode should have 20 + 50 = 70% RR. However it has only 60% in this case:

Hi @mkaras92 !

Don’t worry, this behaviour is intended. Resistance stacks multiplicatively, not additively.

For example imagine that 100 damage is coming to a unit, with 10% reduction. It will be damaged with 90.

But if the unit is in covered mode, a 50% will be applied to that 90, that makes 45

So the reduction in these cases are 55%

Thank you anyway for your report :heart:


That’s interesting, I didn’t know that.
Thank you for clarification! :blush:

1 Like