Crash after trying to watch recorded game ( after restart it works fine)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
My game almost always crashes after i click to watch a recorded game, does not matter how old or new the save file is. after i then start my game it works again with the same recorded files

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play a game of age of empires
  2. afterwards go the singleplayer to watch the rec
  3. see the game crash and afterwards i get a report notification for the 1000’th time

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present? the game would play a recorded game

Hi @vilageraoc !

Could you try to verify your files? In Steam, AoE - Properties - Local files

If that does not work, could you add here the logs and mdumps? You can find those on: “C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs” will have date-time format, something like “AoE2DESteam-51577-2021.10.07-10.11.24.mdmp” and “2022.01.18-1036.57”

Hey @IkoKnight8151, thanks for helping me out.
I’m not entirely sure what you mean with verifying my files in “- Properties- Local files”?

There a quite alot of log files so i dont know exactly which one to pick, i think this one shows errors from yesterday:

2022.01.17-15.20.54.txt (87.2 KB)

You can verify your files here:

Right button to your game, Propeties, Local Files

Nice thanks! Could you attach your mdums too? You can find those in the same folder: C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs

With this format: AoE2DESteam-51577-2021.10.07-10.11.24.mdmp

AoE2DESteam-56005-2022.01.18-17.12.20.mdmp (325.2 KB)

• the mdmp file of that log

when i validated my files i got the message:
“3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired”

Thanks for the file!

Oh I see, something was missing

Those crashes are still present?

well to be honest, there are so many log files and mdmp files in that folder that i don’t know which ones are the right ones. in the weeks before there has been crashes like this quite many times . how do i know what was missing , i have really no clue what these files mean

i just finished playing a game and clicked on ‘return to main menu’, after which the game promptly closed instead:
2022.01.20-22.00.31.txt (26.6 KB)

----update----
after restarting and playing the next game something else happened, have a look:

. i resigned and instead of getting a normal menu my whole overlay/UI vanished, i cant go out of this screen except by force closing…