Crash to Desktop - Stom Fangcheng in Fall Of Xiangyang Mission

Played this mission late December 2021 and it has crashed to desktop every single time at the point during the mission when my troops enter the city, a couple of seconds after the voiceover has finished. This is after the Huihui Pao has destroyed the tower/walls.

I was waiting for the latest update (Jan 2022) but that has not resolved anything.

• I have updated video card drivers.
  • Changed game display settings to Low.
  • Changed difficulty from Easy to Story.
  • Have restarted the mission as well as continuing it.

Nothing has made a difference, I can complete every single other mission and have almost all of the other achievements. I can play 1 v 7 with no gameplay issues at all.

The only thing that worked was to only have the Huihui Pao enter the city and nothing else. I cannot complete the mission doing it this way as they get destroyed sooner or later.
I then tried using the WeMod cheat to give it Unlimited Health which could finally complete the mission, but gave me no achievements so that was pointless.

Is this a known bug/issue? I would have hoped updates aren’t being released without the missions being tested each time.

I am running a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER.

Apologies you are seeing this crash. Please contact support here with your DxDiag and warnings.log file. Thanks!