These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After completing the challenge to build 5 monasteries I went to the main menu to see if I had any new player icons. Clicking the player icon button immediately froze my game and made me crash to desktop.
This issue occurs 100% consistently even after the following steps: verifying integrity of game files, complete uninstall, reboot, new install, all mods disabled, and unlocked additional challenge after the monastery one. Whether clicking the player profile/icon interface after immediately launching or after playing a full match, the result is the same.
The end of the last session log where I prompted the crash (2021.11.21-19.42.44) reads:
Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff718ca3fe0
Writing crash record file.
Writing out log
The crash log reads:
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Launch game (again, Steam version, no betas/launch options defined). The issue began immediately after unlocking the 3rd event challenge (build 5 monasteries) which unlocks additional player icons.
- Click player profile icon or click player name to open profile UI on main menu.
- Game will crash to desktop 100% of the time without fail after a few seconds of an unresponsive screen. This happens in full screen & windowed alike with various different settings.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Player profile menu / player icon selection menu would open as normal and no crash would happen.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.