Crashes in RM after new patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######

Version 101.101.50292.0 6958215

• GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

Steam

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Twice today while playing in rm the game has crashed to desktop. The first crash happened in late imp just as my opponent gg’d and presumable resigned. I say presumably as I crashed before I saw any resignation message or victory screen but did receive the points.

The second game it happened in feudal age when I was attempting to click on villagers (no idea if it was related but I do think I might have been clicking in the first game when it crashed, but honestly I am unsure).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

I have only played 5 matches since the patch and have crashed in 2 of them. So while it is has happened 40% of the time I am unsure if the actually occurrence is greater or lesser.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: The game doesn’t crash.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
MP Replay v101.101.50292.0 @2021.07.08 210147 (2).aoe2record (1.1 MB)
MP Replay v101.101.50292.0 @2021.07.08 195615 (2).aoe2record (2.5 MB)

I would attach the crash reports but the website restricts me to certain file extensions that do not include the mdmp extension.

3 Likes

me too! I’m a long time consistent player, and this is the first time I’m seeing constant crashes to the Desktop after the latest patch to Steam version! Windows 10 Version 2004, i7-9700, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA 1060 SC.

Same thing happened to me!

Have you played the PUP? where there any occasions of these crashes? (just out of curiosity)

Title says it. 1v1 RM in 50292. Not PUP

I get that, but did they already occur in PUP, or are they new with the release…

Oh I didn’t play PUP. I used to but it took too long to find a ranked game.

1 Like

Hi there.

I am experiancing the exact same thing. Every time I launch a game, no matter if it RM, Senario or Multiplayer, after about 14-16 mins GAME time the game crashes and I get booted back to the Windows desk top.

No Error messages, nothing.

No I never played the PUP.

Constant crashes for me. Very rare before patch.
So many now, basically unplayable for me right now.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Hi, i have the same problem BUT I may have found a solution, try to sign out of xbox live at the main menu

1 Like

Same problem. Before the latest patch I had zero crashes, ever. I have crashed-to-desktop in 5 straight 1v1 RMs.

EDIT: After crashing five straight games, I logged out of Xbox Live, per suggestion by LightyGG. I managed to complete two 40-minute 1v1 RMs. Try logging out and see if it works.

1 Like

Same for me, two times in three games. Unfortunately it crashed one time shortly after finishing the match, the second time shortly before I won the game. Some hours lost. I played campaigns.

I had several crashes since the update. In one of them i was lucky, it happened after opponent resigns … but we lost several games because of it too …

Hi Bengute

Do you have crash logs? Have you managed to share your game files with the devs? I have found that if you watch the replay and are able to figure out what may have caused it, the devs are able to fix. Do you have the email support address?