Custom Game Mechanics

Hey, this is my first forum post. I’ve been playing AOE2 for a very long time and recently, with Definitive Edition, I started getting into playing online games. I’ve been a part of a couple custom scenarios that have interesting and game changing custom mechanics and I’m wondering how you create stuff like those. I know it has something to do with the more complex parts of the scenario editor, but I’ve never touched that part of the editor and have no clue how it works.

Having played the custom scenarios online though, I’ve come up with a few ideas of my own, and I wanna know if (or how) you could use the scenario editor to:
1: make units cost resources over time (ie food, gold)
2: have players on each team pay a percentage of their resources to the player with the highest score on their team, like a tax
3: create military units at buildings other than the barracks, archery range, stable, and siege workshop, and even create certain units from rams and boats
4: have certain buildings generate resources over time
5: increase the garrison capacity and speed of rams
6: make certain buildings captured instead of destroyed in combat (like you can destroy a house, but if a castle gets below a certain amount of hit points it becomes yours)
7: let villagers build bridges

I’d love to learn how to do these things, if they’re do-able and realistic. If not, then that sucks but I’ll deal with it.
Thanks

1 Like