Custom Starting Menu specific to Civs?

What do you think about starting menu screens which are specific to each civ. So that one could choose the menu screen based on their favourite civ? Just an idea I thought I would put out there (Is there already a mod?). Cheers.

2 Likes

There are a heap of event mods that basically do this. It isn’t linked to civ as such, but there is a Teutons one, there is a Mongols one, and there are several others. They aren’t always totally serious in the content though, and it can be more humorous, or stuff not represented in the game.

1 Like

In the mod center there is a filter to only show main menu mods, hopefully you can find what you want there.

1 Like

I’d rather like to see unique ingame UI for each civ, like the classic game used to have.

1 Like

I’m confused, DE still has those!

1 Like

They have regionals UI styles: Western European, Mediterranean, South-Southeast asian, Nomadic, etc…
I’m talking about unique ones for each civ.

2 Likes

Haha, I hadn’t noticed that! They don’t quite seem to line up with architecture sets though, e.g. Teutons and Goths have the same one, but the Vikings one is different. I wonder if they’re independently moddable…

I’m kinda confused, isn’t the OP talking of main menu backgrounds rather than the in-game UI?

There’s regional UI styles? What?

I think it could be cool if we had something like AoE3 home civs being all different backgrounds, though it seems doable through mods so I don’t think other than through events the devs would want to put resources into this.