Dear World's Edge, please consider giving after-sales service to a different team

The game didn’t turn out as ideal as hoped, but the pandemic starting mid-production, surely, didn’t help things. I wonder how much it impacted.

Newhires or anyone needing mentors or training likely had a much slower ramp-up compared to pre-COVID days. And other things like plans, logistics, and project meetings could’ve easily suffered.

I know most every business and developer had to adapt, but depending on the complexity and proprietary-ness of Relic’s engine/systems, it could’ve been affected them more than other devs.

Did a bunch of other games of a similar caliber and tech complexity with a similar lifecycle thru COVID come out unscathed? Or, on the contrary, come out with issues? Just curious. Not saying COVID definitely was a factor, but it might have been.

I dont think it’s Relic to blame because the game released unfinished. RTS in 2022 are not possible in the capitalist system that we are ON where all the money goes to the 0.1%.

For an RTS to be OK financialy and to give enough money to shareholders you have to do some compromises : Release an unfinished game and sell it 60$/€.

Again, devs have nothing to do with that.

We can blame them for the balance yes, because they took a way to do it that is extremely slow (Buffing civs instead of nerf). But lately they started to listen a bit players. (HRE nerf)

Every company works in the same financial conditions. You want better games in general? Next time do not vote for a political party that want the best only for Shareholders in your country!

Does Microsoft pay well for your posts?

I think the scale and quality of this new PUP patch blow your argument out of the water.

1 Like

Yes, same amount as the 26,973 persons who wrote a positive review on Steam. But well MS are rich, they can afford it.

Yeah, don’t worry, FunnierRoom, it wasn’t a good argument by CarryPotter. It’s like saying to the naysayers, “Does the developer/publisher of ‘Rome: Total War’ pay you well for your posts?” It’s just a personal attack meant to undermine or invent pseudo-opinion superiority rather than intelligently discussing the topic at hand