Deer spawns too far away on this patch?

So i play Arabia a lot and it seems like the deer are spawning quite a bit further away from the TC compared to before the latest patch. Anyone else notice this, or do you feel like it’s the same as always?

1 Like

Yes they keep removoing the woodline and pushing the deer away from patch to patch in arabia

1 Like

On one hand it’s good because it curbs Mongols, on another hand it does suck because it makes openings more samey

Yes for new player like me it is almost impossible for me to push deer in current arabia

Deer are more retarded than ever, if you are 0.1 seconds slower with your scout than before, the deer goes back.

Deer spawning is pure RNG, last game they were pretty close, but sometimes they are behind woodlines.

5 Likes

Yes I understand developer want to make arabia more aggressive play and reward for early greedy move. But I think it is too much and it bring up more and more drush like berber villagers rush. If developer really want people play drush from frush, just like they buff the scout in frush in AOC so that the arabia meta move from castle age to feudal age, then this map would be too fun to handle

1 Like

The current Arabia map script was last edited/updated in April. It hasn’t changed with the latest patch.

1 Like

Have you compared the map file? If yes then it may be a big deja vu or Mandela Effect

I think arabia is too bad map. People like to play arabia bcs it needs no brain. Weird hills, weird woodlines, some woodlines have pond in the middle of it and it ruin you wood eco, 3 deers; far away from your base etc.
If you have strong early eco bonus then you will pretty sure win.

1 Like

Compared it to what? I don’t think I have earlier versions of this Arabia script backed up. But the script says it was last updated 03/04/22, the actual file on my computer was last modified 28/04/22, and I definitely have the most recent patch installed.

1 Like

This doesnt make any sense. If Arabia needed “no brain” then it would have easy thick woodlines, no ponds, no hills, 4x deer close to TC etc. It’s the most advanced map in the game. The best Arabia players are the best overall players.

3 Likes

Yes this is what I meant! Maybe they are spawning no further away but it feels like their behaviour and pathing has changed. They walk back MUCH quicker and run the wrong way more frequently than before. Wish they would fix it because it’s ruining my builds.

2 Likes

Best players are best in all maps. Arabia is so side map, no diversity. All you have to making practice for same tactic and you will win %90 of the games.

1 Like

The best Arena players can’t beat the best Arabia players. Arabia is the most advanced map. Nobody wins 90% of games. Stop making up fake statistics.

1 Like
  1. Watch some arabia matches or torunaments and you will see same tactic again again. By the way top level arabia players are already top level arena players.

Your point just proves mine. I’m saying if you only learned one map, Arabia will give you the most well-rounded transferable skill-set, hence why Arabia players are good at other maps. Those skills you learn from playing only Arabia will make you a much better player than if you only play Arena or Black Forest. Arabia is not a predictable map. There are so many ways to win. e.g. You can pre-mill dark age militia or go for all-in Feudal or you can wall up and fast castle / boom. The randomness of the water spawns in woodlines, unpredictable hills, forward or back gold / berries, all these things, all this randomness makes Arabia play out different every game. Whereas closed maps everybody just booms and it’s way more predictable.

It seems that megaRandom suitable your sentence better

Yes, even more so with MegaRandom. But it doesn’t negate my point about Arabia vs Arena. Arabia is way less predictable than closed maps which are just boom every game.

1 Like