Dehli

after playing them i feel like they need some love in balancing ,
only useful buff they have is berry gather buff , but its not as good as economic buff of other civ ,

early game :

tower of victory is a scam , only affact infantry and reduce attack time by base 0.15 sec , its close to 10% or lower buff not close to 15% , this is not as good as what other civs get . even a tech that give 1 attack boost demage more

they unique buff of free tech , most tech take 3-5 min to research , which is huge , to get its benifit u need to invest in mosque and scholers which may cost u almost same or more than researching them by resourses , this benifit only truly kik in late game ,
also u cant have fast second tc if u go for tech , and if u go for second tc , ur teches will be very delayed .

only good eco boost u can get is build a mosque fast research fast tech to capture religious site ,
but it has drwaback with weaker units any opponent can prevent u from capturing or keeping the site .

then all u will have not so good early eco and defending with weaker units .

late game :

late game u have no good bonus or tech or landmark for late game , u have a landmark that genrate some food , thats all . also in late game u dont have strong units like many other civs
ur elephants are not strong enough to fight in massive fights neither they have many teches to buff them .

infantry building walls can make u turtle hard , but u dont have any good incentaive vs other civs to late late game as well .

overall they are pretty creativly deisgn civ and very attractive too , but they need some balancing to be compitative .

It’s hilarious that people think they can captured and keep sacred site for long , they haven’t played vs player who rush vs them . , Enemy can easily deny u sacred site .

1 Like

Try the semi fast castle I referenced. You start by researching sacred site tech first and send your first scholar out asap; you’ll use your scout to guard him; esp since you’ll have the research finished BEFORE the other guy even ages up!

Also since you’ll only have 2 villager building your landmark that gives you more resources to build a barracks faster and que continous pike. The pike serve 2 purposes.

1. obviously defend against sacred site early contention.
  2. Once there is a lull in the sacred site fighting; your pike will attempt to WALL IN THE SACRED SITE. At least wall 3 sides to force the enemy around the wall or waste time breaking the wall.

All These gimmicks mentioned are your attempt at buying time. The enemy can’t afford to let you keep the sites since they generate you 168 gold/min (per site
). But the longer you and him flirt around the site the sooner you’ll be aging up before he knows you weren’t planning to play the feudal game for long!

You’ll want to age up with the 25% stone building reduction. And be gathering stone in transition to castle. Likewise build a market to exchange your excess gold for stone THEN build TWO keeps preferably aggressively covering a large gold vein. Have your most aggressive castle researching defensive techs; and your least aggressive castle researching the Town Center function.

Basically you’re gonna play defensively around your keeps booming VERY safely until they follow you up to castle.

Be ready to pull villagers to stop the ram ranch. Plus you’ll already have at least 1 rax so men at arms is your friend!! following by a siege workshop to snipe the rams or flatten the foot archers.

Any rush civ can stop ur sacred site rush

3 Likes

Dehli elephants get only 2 unique civ bonus (and one which is bugged
) But UNLIKE EVERY OTHER CIV I’VE CHECK SO FAR
 both war elephants types DO NOT get an age 4 attack& hp upgrade?? This seems like a design choice?? ALSO most other unique civ units get MULTIPLE perks/upgrades to their respective unique units?? I just don’t understand these design choices??

Even if the bugs are ALL fixed for this faction, its overall “advantages” are the FEWEST of the current factions AND the ONLY one with a HUGE DRAWBACK to one of its perks (research being resource free but starts off taking 5 times longer).

LASTLY Dehli again appears to be the ONLY CIV without a permanent late game bonus?? I know you can select certain landmarks that offer permanent bonuses but the civ has no natural permanent bonuses. Even when you include the food trickle landmark at best its only worth 10 standard late game farms (on a land maps). Compare that to french that gets a cost production reduction all game on all units? or Abbasid that get at best 20% gather rate on all things and 20% faster production on all things? or Rus
 or Mongols?

IMO it appears this civ must have been the very first civ designed and they didn’t revisit it enough because they overestimated the design perks
(this civ is very underwhelming early game and very late game).

My opinion of this faction has gone full circle from being most thrilled about Elephants to extremely sadden that I’m addicted to playing a faction that is outmatched in each bout.

3 Likes

Hello I am a currently hovering around top 100-300 players in 1v1 and am only playing Delhi.

As many have pointed out Delhi has some major factors leading to a lack of viability in the current meta.

Their first major weakness is their lack of substantial feudal age bonuses. The free tech is strong but it doesn’t really compete with other civs eco bonuses such as prelates and rus hunting or civs with strong early game armies like english and french. The only thing Delhi has going for it right now is the fact that they can capture sacred sites to generate large amounts of gold income. The problem with this however is if the opponent decides to match you on the map most factions will beat Delhi in a fight for control of the center. Along with this Delhi cannot really do a ram push timing as their blacksmith techs take up to 5 mins and it is pretty much always better to go age 3 instead. However despite these Delhi can see some success and is still stronger then China but has too many age 2 downsides to be strong in the current meta.

The other major problem Delhi faces is that it has no bonuses can late age 4 play. This is pretty much a non-factor in 1v1s since games almost never go this late but in team games leaves Delhi as one of the worst factions. Every other civ has a substantial buff to their age 4 play with unique techs for units but Delhi has nothing along with the fact the elephants while very strong early age 3 get shut down by cannons and hand cannoneers come age 4. I mean for a civ focused on Technology it seems weird they only get 2 unique military tech +3 attack on knights and maa ( age 3 Landmark) and forced march. The lack of unique mil techs along with no eco bonuses once you have researched everything leaves them incredibly weak come late age 4.

The only time when Delhi feels really strong is early age 3 where you can hit with a elephant timing (probably the strongest age 3 timing in the game) but if you are not holding on to sacred sites you simply won’t have the eco for such a timing attack.

8 Likes

Games are decided in feudal due to knight rus french meta. Delhi china are weak in feudal. Buff them both massively or simply nerf french and rus.

The elephant’s trunk damage should be a cleave IMO.

In other news there is a bug? Normally when a scholar starts a relic mass convert they are supposed to be stationary
however if you sandwich the scholar between elephants that are moving forward, not only does the elephant male it hard to snipe the scholar but it also PUSHES the scholar forward?!! Very broken vs slow moving militaries. Also almost indefensible if you have 2 or more scholars each woth relics getting their conversion circles PUSHED chasing the enemies retreating army.

It’s not just elephants, any group of units can push scholars/monks forward.

1 Like

Besides Delhi needing better Feudal options like having some sort of eco bonus, Delhi elephants should be changed. Tower War Elephants should come with crossbows at castle and their unique tech gives them handcannons. Their Age IV landmark should instead produce an elephant with a small cannon mounted on top.

3 Likes

With a patch around the corner I’m Renewed in my excitement for the dehli. Looking forward to landmarks working properly and tower elephants potentially getting proper upgrades!!

As is I have discovered that dehli in its prime is the ultimate anti hand calvary faction. And now that they promise to fix springalds it will be extremely expensive to build age 4 canons to counter elephants which then leaves the cannon civ susceptible to a cheaper elephant springalds combo!!!

Although pike and crossbow are getting a boost against calvary? Hmmm

Either way dehli will have the best maa in game having a sprint option plus +3 more dmg AND if the landmark works have a 15% faster rate of attack!!!

1 Like

Update on my success. I find delhi to work very well for me when I play aggressively in dark age forcing enemy to delay age up or upgrade or build an otherwise additional tower or pulling villagers to kill a towering vil. It appears such strat of delaying allows dehlis slower upgrades to catch up sooner rather than later to the foe.

Lastly maps with choke points favor the ability to send military units to wall off (speed and villager seconds).

The devs in the last twitch show explained scholar bonuses will change to favor early tech but grow weaker late game to keep it from being completely over powering.

My hope in a fair research time per age technology is

Dark Age : 2* standard research speed
Feudal Age : 3* standard research speed
Castle Age : 4* standard research speed
Imperial Age: 6* standard research speed

Currently it’s 5* standard research speed across the board. If they did something like i suggested or better this would be a substantial buff in early strategies.

I’m talking ram rush, or double Tc advance scouts etc. Stuff dehli currently can’t do effectively.

I’d be okay if they made castle remain 5 times OR if they decided to make everything pre Imperial 3times then in Imperial it becomes 7 times for just Imperial upgrades you would still save thousands on upgrades.

If they implement this revision optimally I believe it will allow dehli to more readily develop and economical lead bc if dehli can get the same upgrades EARLY as everyone else (relative) withOUT the resource cost, the saved resources can now go into faster aging or stone walls (springalds on stonewalls is the answer to ram rush but who can afford 400stone?) or more production facilities.

Nobody else can get any significant amount of upgrades that early, too expensive. Usually when you research an upgrade, it is from the previous age.

That’s the point I’m partily getting at. If Dehli gets a REASONABLE research time on early techs then Dehli will have an actually economic lead compared to other civs since it will be free and relative fast and abundant!

In feudal the techs that matter the most and are extremely time senstive are Blacksmith techs and professional scouts for defensive play

Dude it’s Delhi, DELHI not DEHLI. God it’s so annoying.

2 Likes

Are three mosques with one scholar in each better than 1 mosque with three scholar in it?

No, they are the same.

Delhi Delhi Delhi

So the patch has a lot of BUGS however the worse of the worst for this civ is that scholars now have a WEAKER effect per, compared to previous patch build??? In the last patch 9 scholars would give you standard research times on ALL TECHS IN ALL AGES. Now?? 9 Scholars do NOT give standard research speed on ANY (yes I mean any) research timing ON ANYTHING???

So for getting faster Dark & Feudal age base research timings we get WEAKER scholar effects? Therefore we traded having base Dark thru Feudal research timing reduced for spending MORE GOLD & scholar ques FOR ALL RESEARCHES??

FYI it takes 52 scholars to reduction imperial research timing to standard timings. It is safe to assume they never intended to allow for standard timing in Imperial. 20 scholars gets you a touch over twice the timing. If you want each scholar to cost 75gold then you’d need a total of 14 minutes and 15 sec of constant POST feudal scholar training in order to get to that twice imperial research rate. To be faster you’ll have to spend twice the amount.

So How was this change beneficial to Delhi play??

Dark Age techs need 10 scholars to get standard research rates
Feudal Age techs need 11 scholars to get standard research rates
Castle Age techs need 15!! scholars to get standard research rates
And I already said to get technically standard imperial upgrade timings you need 52!! scholars (but 20 will get you within twice the standard rates).

1 Like

Bro the devs don’t want us to play Delhi. Better to play another civ and abuse exploits i guess.

1 Like

Yeah no more dehli, devs dont care, really good job breaking it down like that, makes it much clearer how much we got ■■■■■â–