Devs, please consider delaying the game to rework the graphics while/if there's still time

lets take a look around, what kind of graphics is around

Iron Harvest

Company of Heroes

Total War Three Kingdoms

Ancestors Legacy

Sudden Strike 4

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

act-of-aggression

Wargame

4 Likes

Iron harvest and company of heroes win for me
Here is a blurry image of aoe4 with somewhat more artistic look

lol

Ancerstor’s legacy has good quality and lighting, but they seem to use too much brown if you know what I mean. Maybe it’s just in this picture so I can’t judge.

I remember playing Evil Within and some people complained about the obtrusive black bars that couldn’t be turned off. And people were treating others like apes that don’t understand the “art” of having black bars.

“Gameplay is all that matters.” after all.

1 Like

I see you guys comparing graphics to games like company of heroes. Age of Empires is an RTS game that focus more on economy and base building to be able to produce massive armies to spam the battle field with. Now do you think top notch graphics will affect performance in a game like this more or less than a game like company of heroes where u have small armies?

1 Like

Please explain how this is “readable” I can barely see what is going on without zooming in ingame

2 Likes

That has to do with optimizatiom… If they are unable to optimize their engine ( they aren’t) it is not our fault… They are using a 2006 engine (coh1) who was made to support dual core cpus, they don’t have the people who created the engine anymore… That’s why they use excuses. I remember coh1-2 had and still have a lot of performance issues.

There may be mods to make it look nicer. I think it looks quite good already.

It’s not readable. That was my point. I do not like the look of Spellforce 3, at all, despite it’s polygon count and high res textures. It’s not even about readability; I just think cramming polygons everywhere simply looks bad full stop.

No, they don’t think, they just see not the best of graphics and whine about it, comparing it to other games that have extremely heavy graphics if you add that with 200 pop per player

I know your point, but others on other threads have used it as a comparison for readability, I was agreeing with you.

Precisely. If they want ultra realism graphics, let them make a mod or get a mod for it. And if their game crashes when they have hundreds of units on the field, who’s fault will it be

1 Like

Gotcha. You quoted me so I thought you were addressing me.

Yeah, my post wasn’t very readable, heh heh

3 Likes

2 Likes

a game can look good and still be an RTS
look at aoe1, look at aoe2, look at aoe3

3 Likes

I totally agree. It is even noticeable, in several aspects, that even the graphics of AOE3 DE (ULTRA) are better than those shown so far than AOE4. In fact, the physics of AOE3 is revolutionary for the time (2005) whereas in that AOE4 you don’t even notice if there is any type of physics engine.

2 Likes

What is that from?
20 characters

spellforce3. Image taken from a skirmish game not long time ago

1 Like

They absolutely can use better textures and metallic objects in a 2021 game.

The performance hit will be higher, but not much different than what AoE3 did when it released.

Much of this has to do with an optimized engine and code, obviously.

And these games should be pushing graphic boundaries or at the very least, keeping up with the times, instead of going backwards in that department.

The main problem is that they are deviating a lot from the graphic style of past iterations.

Of course people will complain.

1 Like

This is just an hyperbole.

We just want the same graphic fidelity that they maintained with AoE1 2 and 3.

Nothing more nothing less.

If someone wants the kinds of graphics that were shown it is they that should be installing mods.

1 Like

1 minute in photoshop - they even said that they add a saturation slider in the graphics options if i recall correctly.

Can we please wait to see and play the game before judging it?

Thank you for coming to my TED-Talk Kappa

2 Likes

Did you read my OP?

Saturation is not the problem.

5 Likes