Devs should pay more attention to AOE 3 D.E

Two more civs for these DLCs and it will be wonderful :blush:

• Italians, Polish and Danish + Austrians and Prussians

• Omani, Persians and Siamese + Koreans and Tatars (I know what you say, but they are already in Historical Battles)

• Moroccans, Ethiopians and Zulus + Berbers and Somalians

American civilizations are missing here.

1 Like

Why some people are so against new content? Go play the legacy versionā€¦Itā€™s still there untouched(and will keep that way), with a very loyal player base, you know? Stop ruining for people that want new stuff.

I for one want every new content the devs can throw at the game, OFC fixing bugs should be the priority, but that doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t give new stuff alongside the fixesā€¦but that becomes harder when this community(which, despite not being very toxic itā€™s the whiniest I have ever seen) ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about every single change that is made on it(even NOMENCLATURE, of all things, ffs), it just discourages the devs on actually adding stuff.

5 Likes

No, the devs should pay more attention to AoE: DE. AoE I is treated like crap by the devs and AoE III gets a lot of updates and events.

1 Like

There is a lot that the dev can do about improvement of life for the gameā€¦ ā€œfor example: Multiplayer queue system instead of lobby system.ā€ Lobby system is outdated. (itā€™s known as custom match now a days) and it would lead on to bringing players back to the game. (theyā€™re small changes, not big ones like new civs etcā€¦)

No it doesnā€™t it only had christmas event and chinese new years event ā€¦ which both were easy As F u c

1 Like

AoE I hasnā€™t received an update in a year, never had an event, is incomplete and the devs pretend like the game never existed. It didnā€™t even have unit stances until a year ago.

Iā€™m with OP: Age 2 DE at launch had a lot of features more than Age 3 DE, it was reworked completely; AGE 3 DE instead had some contents totally left untouched from the previous version, like campaigns, scenario editor. Its forum is pretty active, so a lot of people are waiting for new updates and dlc to play with. I love AGE 3 more than AGE 2, but iā€™m playing the second because has a lot of content.

2 Likes

@anon63664082, the same isnā€™t true for AoE I, is it? Itā€™s just a forgotten museum piece that will soon disappear.

1 Like

AoE2DE continued the work of AoE2HD.
AoE3 only had fan mods before.
AoE3DE was just released and it took over a year for AoE2DE to get a DLC. I expect it will take a year for AoE3DE too.
Why are they always threads about the devs ignoring the game popping up shortly before a bigger patch? Canā€™t people wait a bit more.

1 Like

Age2DE was totally reworked at launch, with four new civs, The Forgotten campaigns reworked, three totally new campaigns, new editor, while AGE3DE had very little new content: two new civs, some scenarios and revolutions reworked. I think they should have dropped the DE with a DLC, like they did with AGE2DE

1 Like

The Swedes and the Inca are way more interesting civilisations than any AoE2 civilisation can every be. The Inca have completely unique set of units and buildings and some mechanics that werenā€™t in AoE3 before.
The Swedes also have a new concept that was never done before with a Civilisation that has to use Mercs to get all unit types.

5 Likes

And to add on to the topic of AoE I not getting any love, the DE was launched with everything the same as the original RoR expansion from 1998, they only updated the graphics and audio. No new civs, no new game mechanics and no new campaigns.

1 Like

Because it has been 2 weeks since they launch a patch that broke a lot of things, havenā€™t said a word about the game since then and didnā€™t even released a hotfix. Its not only that the game is not in a good state compared even to last build, but the lack of communication.

1 Like

I too would love to see more content for AOE3:DE, but to be completely honest, not for the prize of less content for AOE2 which I personally consider to be the better game.

I know itā€™s a fan mod, but you could check out Wars of Liberty which basically works as giant AOE3 expansion to the original version of the game:

1 Like

But we are talking about the game itself. Not modsā€¦ Because almost everyone plays multiplayerā€¦ But itā€™s raw. Not appealing to the eyes and as easy as AOE 2 DE MP matchmaking.

harsh truth:

AOE 1 never was seen as a high point of the series, it is in every way superseded by its successors. issue with AOE 1 is that to make it a fun game would require so many changes that it essentially isnā€™t the same game by the end, and by that point why not just make a modern game?

5 Likes

Im obviously bias here but in my eyes aoe3 de has the best potential for a game rn since its a lovely age with cannon, guns and great naval potential and iā€™d love to see the game getting more eyes on it and more funding but thats not how life is so even if i dread watching my favourite game die its just out of our control, unless 15k+ daily players came in i just cant see the business potentialā€¦

1 Like

They are watching from the side, its just hard to make weekly patches since its a delicate thing, balance. Fx if they nerfed sweden the day after the chance of it being bad is 10 times greater than waiting a few weeks. Im not saying the balance is nearly fine since sweden and japs exist but its good to remember to give them time (except if its been 3+ weeks)

Here are my wishes of aoe3 deā€¦Iā€™ve sort of given up creating individual threads since Iā€™ve seen other posters put them up and nothing has been done yet.

• fix the little annoying things like pathing, explorer / vills not respinding sometimes when u tell it to do something etcā€¦
  • miss my team games, I donā€™t really play it on DE cause itā€™s crap due to match making. Something has to be done to fix it.
  • friends feature. Like what is the point of it? I feel so alone when Iā€™m playing DE compared to the original
  • observer mode is great when it works.

Even the ladder which they have said they fixed is still broken. I bet they are unaware itā€™s broken cause I doubt they check there work unless someone screams about it

2 Likes

Pathing is by far the worst bug in the game, nothing is worse than losing games because youā€™re settlers walk around a house to the tc or your soldiers getting stuck in a clusterfuck of buildings

1 Like