Didn't get the Supremely Unexpected achievement

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.40220.0 5438859
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: McLerristarr

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

I won a standard single-player game as the Spanish without creating any units other than Villagers, but I didn’t get the Supremely Unexpected achievement. The description for the achievement is: Win a match as the Spanish while only creating Villagers.

It was a 1v1 against the Portuguese on a Tiny map on Standard difficulty.

I started with the standard Scout Cavalry. Not sure if that’s the issue. I didn’t upgrade it or destroy anything with it.

I don’t have a recording of the match.

1 Like

I received the same achievement undeservingly just now. I realized this has to do with playing the Spanish and your opponent becoming disconnected.
I played a 1v1 RM as the Spanish. Opponent disconnected around the 10 minute mark when all I had were villagers.

What happened when your opponent disconnected? Did the game say you’d won the match?

This reminds me that it is possible and probably easier to win this achievement in other ways (if the achievement works). I used my villagers to win a conquest victory. I’m bitter that I wasn’t rewarded for that.

If I remember correctly it did say I won the match. I guess a rage quit should constitute as a win, as it’s probably impossible to distinguish a rage quit (Alt-F4) from a disconnect or power outage.