Disappointment

its really bad thing when you think that ( the developers know what we really want ) …
when they put crosses on indian muslims walls we said maybe they dont know about that but …
when they but it again on The Abbasid Dynasty walls too that mean its not just a fault … they mean it

and what about languages … all the world know that The Abbasid Dynasty are arabs why they put the Persian language here ?? … we all think they will fix it before beta comming but i dont think so
they will not fix it at all … I don’t like anyone making fun of my religion and history … i will not buy it

Thank you age of empires …

9 Likes

indians walls

those are the exact same 3d models for both the walls of the Abbasids and the Delhis, right? or am I missing something?

4 Likes

I think you are right. The walls look the exact same for both civs.

1 Like

Maybe not all of the gfx were finalized when that screenshot was made? sometimes placeholders are used when some assets are not yet in

3 Likes

It would be super weird to show the public a civ dressed in the skins of another civ. But it would also be super weird to give an entire civ from North Africa the same buildings as a civ from India and continue to describe these civs as asymmetric.

17 Likes

Eh, I guess that it’s fine. I mean, this is really nitpicking level… if people weren’t all sitting at home due to covid, no one would even notice. Now when I look at those screenshots, the whole part looks very out of place and flavour, so I think it’s most likely placeholder asset

6 Likes

i really dont know why they doing that … its so easy to make another wall for abbasid dynasty … and its more east to change the crosses … but what about the language ?? maybe you dont understand it but they put Persian language on Arab caliphate xD

1 Like

Yep. These wall design are same. I wonder it could be Age thing. Maybe in later ages the walls look different. Of course we don’t expect a full redesign, but at least try something. For me it is negligible, but you’re correct, it is hard to believe their asymmetry at every level statement. I guess it is asymmetry only at a gameplay level.

1 Like

It could be that too. I suspect at later ages the wall designs might change for each civ.

1 Like

Those are just arrow slits not an issue. Here’s something better to point finger at

Why too many buildings from delhi sul. Architecture set looks just like mosques

![WS_del_mosque_crop|690x388]

Abbasids are also muslim faction but their architecture look good compare to Delhi’s architecture. Even town centre looks like mosque.

This is just the form of loopholes in order to shoot at enemies, it is quite convenient and was used in many fortresses, religion has nothing to do with it.

14 Likes

What exactly made you feel like they are making fun of your religion.

7 Likes

This is just ridiculous, as I understand it, according to this logic, the Chinese also converted to the Christian faith?

10 Likes

The whole point here is that the Delhi Sultanate was an Islamic state, it is logical to assume that their buildings would look like mosques more than Hindu temples.

5 Likes

French and English are Christian states but their TC don’t look like church. I agree Architecture should have touch of civs uniqueness but making everything look so religious and call it architecture. Don’t like the idea.

If they are landmark then it will be acceptable.

4 Likes

I agree, but in the English buildings you can feel the notes of the Gothic style, which is inherent in the temples as well.
Based on photographs of the old architecture of the stultanate in India, we can assume that the developers were simply trying to repeat the same style.

8 Likes

Many of these are Mausoleum some of them built by mughal not Delhi Sultanat, it’s not that identical to Old monuments.

Or devs might have decided to not to represent native communities in Delhi Sultanate. Well interesting.

there was however another thread about it that clearly showed this civ didnt use Cross-shaped arrow slits. Maybe enough beta feeedback regarding this and it will be more accurate historically. If, by any chance, the civ needs a nerf, it could even be visible in the fire acrs :smiley:

1 Like

Well, this is part of architecture, or rather its style.
Considering that the Sultanate of Delhi was founded by the Persians and Tajiks, we observe a combination of Arab and Indian architecture, as it seems to me, the photographs show this to a certain extent, and it is also logical that the buildings of the Islamic Sultanate should be partially similar to the Arab ones, because it was equipped by the Persians.

1 Like