Disappointment

By this logic, let’s make the English speak French or Danish then? Or imagine Czech speaking HRE lol. Would you apply the same argument and be happy with that?

2 Likes

I think the population was already arabized under the Umayyads.

1 Like

That’s true but devs will have another Civ in mind from the region & to make both different from each other from culture & other asymmetric stuff.

Maybe this one represented as Persian faction & other Will be proper Arabic faction.

Same thing they did with Delhi Sultanate they made it Persian political entity on Indian land not an ethnic indigenous faction from indian subcontinent
So in future they may add other Indian faction with DLC if they want.

1 Like

If so then I’m fine with it

If they are seriously going to make unique civs, then it’s magical thinking to believe they are going to make tons of civs. Our civs can be (1) asymmetric, (2) balanced, and (3) numerous. But you can only choose two of those for any game.

9 Likes

I doubt that. Devs said they’ll make DLCs and Expansion for age4 like they did with Age2 & 3.

By your logic they should have gone for Japanese or Aztecs before making four European civs. We would have far more asymmetrical & culturally diverse civs then four European factions

sorry, you doubt what? I am sort of stating Newton’s Third Law of civ design. There is no game with 35 asymmetric, balanced civs.

5 Likes

The best for now I think is to let the Abbasids speak Arabic, Delhi - Persian, and the next Indian civ they promised - Indian.

1 Like

not 35 but maybe 20 or more. They tried asymmetric civs in age3 and aom but it didn’t go well compared to aoe 2 which has ton of civs(not asymmetric).

1 Like

WDYM ? [Charector Limit]

1 Like

The game is launching with 8 civs. We’ll probably only see 1 or 2 civs per expansion.
To get to AoE 2 levels of civs, we would need another 10+ expansions/dlcs. That seems unlikely.

I think we’ll be lucky if the number of civs in the game doubles to 16 at any point in the future.

2 Likes

Ok you got me there.

In my opinion AoE3 is very well balanced and it has a lot of asymmetry. Yes, I do not expect 35 civs in AoE4 either, but I hope for a number of civs like this is AoE3.

1 Like

Czech speaking HRE? What does that even mean? Are you drunk?

You guys try to point fingers at some kind of misrepresentation in a medium that cannot provide full inclusion (as said, too many languages to include them all) and therefore goes the economical way of just choosing one of the languages. They took persian for whatever reason, big whoop.
You can say that it does not fit and breaks the immersion of what the civ represents, but thats it.

Not even that is a given… you don’t conquer stuff over 3 continents and all of a sudden every goat herder in every remote village speaks your language, copies your culture and converts to your religion. That is just a naive thought.

1 Like

Don’t complicate this, Abbasids official language was Arabic and it is the most obvious choice, and having two non Persian civs speaking Persian and representing Persia is not that cool.

I really don’t know how some people try to convince us that any minority language could work for the Abbasids.

4 Likes

There’s also a good reason why e.g. SC limited it to 3 asymmetric factions, the RSP principle. AOEO did it with a few more very well actually, but above 5 it does get harder and harder to keep it all balanced out well and in line with historical facts too.

It’s very hard to satisfy all of any community, but in regard to the murder holes, they are indeed not in line for Delhi Sultanate and should/could easily be different for this civ. I can agree on that because of the uniqueness of all Indian architectural styles compared to Romanesque or Gothic styles, the only two mainstream Western styles in this game. And so for the sake of asymmetry, completeness and eye candy (without overdoing of course) it would be a good to adjust this. Actually they didn’t have murder holes at all, which could be a unique feature. Temples and madrassas were for scholars of Buddhism or Islam.

The Mughal architectural style has emerged out of a unique blend of Islamic, Persian and Indian architectural styles. This style found its roots from the 16th century and continued to have a prominence till the beginning of 18th century.

9 Indian Architectural Styles That Developed The Course Of History | Floma Interesting Reads

As far as I know they incorporated a lot of persian bureaucratic structures and habits into running their empire. The nobility or ruling class would speak persian in that case. Sounds like a good enough reason to use that language to report to the player (as the highest leader, if you will.)

Arrow loops are arrow loops… if you like their style or not, they were used by everybody at some point because that style works very well. A shame your favourite muslim castles don’t show those features. Do some research and you will find all kind of cross and cross-ish shapes on castles everywhere in the world (e.g. everything in the middle east around the third crusade).

Awww, don’t be. Enlightenment will come to all of us, in sha’allah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know much about caliphs & caliphates so you can say that was just my personal opinion.

I don’t know what is your nationality, but obviously most Persians and Arabs want Arabic language for Abbasids, and they’re the most affected players by this, and just for clarification if u don’t know that, the official website says that the Abbasids civ will speak Arabic.

2 Likes

But we are mostly talking about units speaking it, units represent the core population (the peasantry, the army), as well as it’s culture and the official language.