Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

the multiplayer is really unplayable.
over the weekend i tried at least 10 matches, both ranked and unranked.
we didn’t manage to complete a single ■■■■■■■ game.

this is major bug, is really annoying that this thread has no feedback from the devs.
a simple “we are aware of the problem, we’re working to fix it as soon as possible” would have been appreciated.

so far you’ve been so lucky that the AoE2 player base is so nice and patient, any other game multiplayer based, with this multiplayer would have been left to rot.

i think i’ll go back to hd.

5 Likes

After a lot of VPNs tested and all the things i sayd in post bellow i finally got 1 VPN that worked for me… the Express VPN. Im from Brazil, using NET / CLARO.
I hav no disconections anymore, but is not ok for me pay a VPN to play, still waiting for the patch that will fix this problem

i talked private with 1 adm (i dont know if he is a DEV). But he sayd to me that this problem will fix in the next 2 weeks (new patch). I will wait and pray for the best.

Problem persists. VPN just prolonged the time until disconnect significantly. Support should give an official statement.

1 Like

Exactly same problem for me… After 10 or maybe 30 minutes playing online i’m sure that my game will eventually disconnect in a moment. I tried to desativate antivirus and firewall but the issue continues.

PS: I have a very solid connection, and there’s no lag at the match, or on every other multiplayer game. It’s seems to be an exclusive AoE II DE issue.

PS²: Trying to play from Brazil too.

2 Likes

Still happening, where ist the response from the devs?

wepayed ■■■■■■■ moneyfor this. give us a working game

-There is a large patch coming out this month. Hang tight and see what it addresses!

1 Like

I solved the problem by logging in to the Xbox account (microsoft -hotmail) on the game’s home screen, game via steam. After login no longer logged out; Internet use of NET / Claro;

I hope you are right!

how do you do that? im new

I’m logged in… Doesn’t fix it for me :confused:

1 Like

Same problem, what we have to do to resolve that ?

for now using my mobile phone as a hotspot works for me (using mobile data). No more disconnects, uses about 20-30MB per game

how did u do that ? i’m interesting

Activate Mobile Hotspot on your smartphone and connect to it via Wifi

I upgraded 7 to 10 only for Age of 2 DE but I’m always disconnect after 5 min

It’s work by mobile 4G … 8Mo for my first game in multi.

I turn on the limited connection on Win 10 to avoid maj of windows on mobile data :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

works it with iphone ? because ihaven’t a mac and when i active the share connection it happens nothing on my computer

I’m with game pass and I have the same problem

Did the Admins / Devs remembered of us when did this? https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age2-december-update/
that will be nice for sure.