Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

I have the exactly same one

1 Like

Yep the Problem is still there.

why this is still not fixed, now its even worse literaly every ranked game i get dc… wtf…

still silence? i would love to play this game, wtf me and 5 more friends bought it for lan party etc but we cant finish 1 game without dc wtf.

I have the same problem :confused: disconnected between 5 and 10 min on 6 games out of 7. Unplayable. I really hope this week’s patch is gonna work out.

Devs on twitter politely responded to my message and told they were looking into it if it’s in the forum but… nothing sure.

If you don’t mind me asking are you playing from Europe?

Yes I am, why?

I also check if it can be an issue with Xbox live services. Windows is telling me that “Teredo isn’t elligible. It could prevent you from playing in multiplayer.” Could that be a reason? Are we playing through xbox live services, even with steam?

Sorry for the multiple messages up there, i had some issues.

Hello everyone! Thanks for keeping up on these topics; it sounds like some users are continuing to have issues, so we would like to collect more information to help the team dig into the problem. If you are disconnecting reliably after launching into a match, we’d love to know the following information:

• Any error message text (if any).
  • What Network Hardware are you using?
  • What ISP do you use?
  • In what region are you connecting to the game?
  • Are you using a VPN?
  • Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

Thank you! Let’s see what we can learn and whether we can get this fixed once and for all! :hammer_and_wrench:

5 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the message.

1. Here’s for me. The error message is the same as up there: “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”
  2. Network Hardware: if that’s what you mean, a router, not sure what information to add. Connected with wifi.
  3. ISP, Internet Service Provider? VOO, Belgium
  4. Belgium.
  5. No
  6. Other informations: Not sure if related, but when I check my Xbox Network options in the windows parameters, they tell me “Terredo is unable to qualify: This might prevent you from playing in multiplayer”.

Thanks for the work, can’t wait to have some good news about it <3

Le Fog

1. “Sorry. You have lost connection to Multiplayer Services” when sitting in lobbies, or after a few minutes in game
  2. CAT5 Ethernet to D-Link DIR-632 to fiber
  3. Wightman Telecomm.
    Speed test stats: 2ms ping, 57.5Mbps down 9.5Mpbs up
  4. Ontario, Canada
  5. No
  6. Very unusual for me to have network problems with games, especially this consistent.
2 Likes
  1. “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”
  2. Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V / TAP-Windows Adapter V9 / and 8 different kinds of WAN Miniports (what I see in 'Device Manager - Network Adapters). Using an XTREAM modem provided by Mediacom.
  3. Mediacom
  4. USEast
  5. VPN? No
  6. Ethernet connected. This is the only game I have problems with. It happens EVERY time i try and play online. Usually within the first 10 minutes. I’ll be on Discord with buddies chatting (not everytime), and I don’t actually lose connection at all. Not with them, not with my Steam, not in the ‘Internet access’ icon in my bottom right desktop tray. BUT when I check my computers ‘Ethernet Status’, the DURATION time will have been reset back to 00:00:00 and start again after this happens. Also, no one can reconnect to the multiplayer after. It will sit there with a pop up screen that I can’t remember from memory what it says… But you can’t get back in to multiplayer lobby at all until you restart the game.
2 Likes
  1. You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again
  2. Realtek PCIe GBe Family Controller
  3. ISP: Contato.net, 100 MB.
  4. Brazil, Santa Catarina.
  5. VPN: NO.
  6. I don’t know.
2 Likes

Very happy to see this issue get attention

I do not have any issues personally myself, but I have 3 friends in real life with this issue. I can confirm:

1 - “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

• Wired internett for all 3, onboard build network cards on ASUS motherboards. I know that “Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V” is one of them.
    • They actually have 2 different ISP’s, I think “Altibox - Lyse - 100/100 fiberoptic line” is one of them
    • They are all from Norway, arround the Oslo area.
    • No - They have tried using VPN to “fix” the issue, and for 1 of them express VPN did actually resolve the issue of disconnecting.
    • Some of them when checking their network adapters in “Ethernet Status”, the “uptime” has been reset to 00:00:00. So clearly their network adapters has “cut/disconnected” when the disconnect ingame occurs. It only cuts when they are in Age of Empire II DE inside a MP game, and not at all otherwise. Some of them has to restart the game in order to join another game. There are other people experiencing that they have to go and press reconnect on their network adapters aswell. Typical timestamp for disconnect is 04:45-05:15 ingame, 09:30-10:15, and 19:45-20:15. These are some timestamps when the game typicaly cuts. All 3 also experiencing issues with finding games in the MP game lobby, but can join games using “steam friends”. (yes, they all 3 uses steam)

We managed to get all the 3 players stop disconnecting by buying a cheap USB network card for some and using Wifi through phone tethering on one. Seems therefore to be something to do with network adapters/network cards and its interaction with AOE2 DE.

There is also a proplayer MBL - who is experiencing this issue. I would strongly recommend reaching out to him. You can see my previous post with screenshoots of the disconnects from his stream. Hope we can sort this out together, as there is ALOT of players with this issue. Many people, like my friends, cant be bothered registration to the forum and leaving a comment and I hope to represent these people to. Appreciate the response a lot!

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the message.

1. Here’s for me. The error message is the same as up there: “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”
  2. Network Hardware: if that’s what you mean, a router, not sure what information to add. Connected with wifi.
  3. ISP, Internet Service Provider? VOO, Belgium
  4. Belgium.
  5. No
2 Likes

I am very happy for the return.
I have the same problem.

“Sorry. You have lost connection to Multiplayer Services ”
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Vers-9.1.409.2015 -
120 MB NET / CLEAR
BRAZIL - FLORIANOPOLIS
Any game that I connect in the multiplayer within 5 to 10 minutes of the game it disconnects.

3 Likes

Hello!

1. “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

2. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter
    - Problem persists on both

3. o2 Germany (telefonica)

4. Frankfurt am Main, Germany

5. No VPN

6. AOE 2 DE is the only game that has connectivity issues. AOE2 (2013 Version) runs normally in Multiplayer matches. The problem did not occur when using my mobile phone as “hotspot”. The provider is also o2 Germany (telefonica).

Thank you for working on this.

2 Likes

i played my first multiplayer last night after the update. i didnt disconnect

played 5 games. then 5 minutes into the 6th, i got disconnected

1 Like

Thank you for responding!

1. You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again.
  2. Laptop onboard card connected to a router, which is also a cable modem.
  3. PYUR
  4. westeurope (from Germany)
  5. no
  6. When I used VPN (TunnelBear), there was no problem.
2 Likes