Disconnecting from Lobby, Crashing in Unranked Lobby Games

I would say similar for me. Before, 18/20 worked fine. Now I’m at 0/3.

Why Micorsoft AoE Devs dont make a statment? Every Lobby Game lagg freeze crash!

I have also this issue. Tried four times today. Every time the crash would be obvious after few seconds in the game. Sometimes I was able to pause the game. While paused the game would not crash (but immediately after unpause), but no one answered to my chats to inquiry if others were experiencing this. Probably they never saw my messages. Seem to me also that commands issued by others were not visible to my end (at least my allies hadn’t even moved scouts in minimap). Crash made the game “unresponsive” in task manager. On weekend I was able to play this game with no problem! And I have overkill system for playing this game, I have ultra settings on. But reducing them doesn’t seem to make difference. Also single player works just fine with 7 bots…

Going for CS GO for now, try to fix quickly please.

PS: I have also tried to reinstall steam and the game for no any improvement.

I don’t have any other information, it happened three times in a row and I restarted my computer each time. First time this has happened to me. I play the game on Steam: date 2/25/20.

1 Like

MY 2 FIX IT MICROSOFT!

happens for me aswell, ususaly it completely gets stuck and then fast forwards super fast, and then immediately get stuck again, the moment i try to do anythin other than click ingame windows will say program unresponsive and shut it down

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.35209.0 4667120)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

As soon as an online multiplayer game starts, the ingame screen freezes. I am able to issue commands to units. Then after 5-10 seconds the game will speed up really quickly and tasks are done. This repeats: game freezes, catches up really fast, game freezes, catches up really fast.
If I give to many commands the game completly freezes and asks me to terminate or wait for the game.

Issue has occured only after the latest patch.

Things I have done to fix this:
I reinstalled the game: One 3v3 Multiplayer game was fine, then same issue as above.

No issues in singleplayer campain or normal singleplayer game.

Screenshot are not helpful, since everything looks fine.

6 Likes

Same here.
I honestly thought, the server approach would be better…
Seems like I was wrong

Every Player has this in lobby unranked Games, Microsoft no response yet!

I am experiencing the same issue.

This has also happened to me several times in the past day during the middle of the game

HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. Servers were fine before now its COMPLETELY unplayable

What is happening?! Is it just me or are the servers freezing and lagging now?

We need to able to host our own ones. That or this game need another update fast. Game was fine for awhile, now it’s gotten really bad.

Game Version:

• Build: 35209
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

Since yesterday morning (23/02 — GMT-3) unranked multiplayer lobbies won’t show up for me. When I get to the unranked games tab the list remains blank, with nothing but a “Searching for games” message that never goes away.

I also can’t create a lobby, as the loading wheel next to the lobby name box never ceases to load (it keep spinning indefinitely), regardless of how I set up any option. Therefore, the “Create Lobby” button remains unavailable.

I’m still able to receive and accept invites and join friend lobbies, via steam. But in those cases what happens is that I even show up at one of the lobby slots, but only at the person-who’s-already-on-the-lobby side. On my side I remain stuck at the “Entering Lobby” loading screen forever. From that screen I can even hear taunts sent in the lobby chat, but no further interation than cancel the loading is possible.

Some additional info:

• This happened over nothing. The day before everything was just fine, I was just enjoying the game with no problems. Since then nothing changed on my side. Configurations, hardware, game settings, internet connection; everything the same.

• I have crossplay enabled and I am logged to my Microsoft account ingame. Tried toggling both already and nothing changes.

• I have always played with a wifi connection. Tried ethernet with no success.

• The last thing I can remember doing before the game showed up this issue was browsing and downloading some mods and scenarios at the ingame mod section, wich I still can do.

• At first I thought that the issue could be caused due to the server maintenance. Now the maintenance is over and the issue remains for me.

• Multiplayer on other Steam games are working just fine. I gave a try on AoE2HD (2013), and could normally find lobbies, join, create and play with no problems.

Same issue here :-1:

It seems the meta is to release fixes or patches which contain at least 1 issue that makes the game nearly unplayable. Broken walls, attack move broken, replays getting cut short, people getting disconnected.

I appeal to you to stop updating this game, because every recent update or patch will make the game worse and worse, until today the multiplayer game went offline at the beginning. My God, I seriously doubt whether this game was developed by you. Why is it getting worse when you upgrade it? I just want to play games quietly. I don’t need your so-called upgrades and patches!

Hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post about the issue. We have escalated the issue with the appropriate teams, as it seems that these issues may have begun following yesterday’s server maintenance. We will provide updates in this thread as we work towards identifying and fixing the underlying problem.

Thank you again for your reports and patience while we work through these issues.

7 Likes

Same issue here. 6 out of 7 games I tried to play today froze at the start (around 30 seconds into the game) before I ended up getting disconnected from the server.

However I played 3 lobby games (on the west India server) all of which went smoothly.