Disgusting players in low elo

You don’t realise how easily most of the player base can just throw away their advantages. I did it, I’ve seen other people do it, it happens all the time.

2 Likes

since when is being a casual insulting. Im a casual. You are stating that its not fun for you to play the most try-hard strategies and go with whatever you feel like. That sounds pretty casual to me, and you still haven’t given any actual criticism or advice for this topic you just throw around insults and useless statements. “i got this game 20 years ago” that doesn’t mean crap you can still suck at a game you’ve been playing your whole life. I’ve been playing Street fighter for 10 years and im still balls at it.

I will never understand why it’s surprising to people that the players they face in this highly competitive online game like to pick civs that increase their chances of winning games, it’s almost like that’s the entire point.

3 Likes

weird, it’s almost like they’re trying to win?.. In a game where the whole point is to win… strange

3 Likes

It just a normal behaviour and doesn’t deserve any kind of system to correct it, in my opinion. When you have any kind of “ladder” system, people will want to climb it up by using well known strategies. Can’t blame the people who are trying to raise their elo for trying to imitate the “pros” in a competitive setting.

2 Likes

but if you win while having always a handicap, your elo isn’t representative of you being a good player, is it? It’s as if you played Chess but you are only ever willing to play White and furthermore start with 1 move advantage (1st move u do, the opponent doesn’t get to do a move of their own).

This is what playing ONLY top tier civs is like.

2 Likes

you mean top tier cav civs. archer civs fall behind at lower levels.

well yes, and it should be. If i give myself less of a chance to win everytime than shouldn’t i lose more often than not? And since when did elo became the main point of concern for this topic? I thought it was having fun and according to you climbing ladders isn’t fun so why do you care so much about elo

Not if you’re idling your TC 1 minutes in dark age or stockpiling 1k wood in feudal, or investing all your resources on wrong units

2 Likes

i wouldn’t try and reason with these people at this point, they have a lot in common with a hive mind. I’m sure when the next youtube video comes out telling them what civ to play and what tactics to employ they’ll all obediently get in line

You are overreacting. If you watch the game from your opponents perspective, you will notice he will have idle time with Chinese and most likely will have the same amount of villagers as you or maximum 1 villager lead, unless he did his dark age flawlessly, which isnt common at 1200 even with a regular start.

If you are at 1200 Elo you have thousands of things to improve on, so instead of focusing so hard on this particular match against this particular civ, look at what you can control which is your own game and focus on improving that.

If you have 2 minutes of idle TC before minute 20 you are creating a bigger advantage for your opponent than his 3 initial extra villagers (which come at a cost of -100 food, idle TC…).

2 Likes

yeah okay Mr.NonCasual whatever you say. You still haven’t said anything usefull. Still throwing around insults. Go flex your superior way of life somewhere else

I dont understand your participation in this thread. Given enough time, players figure out the best way to play the game by trial and error.
You want everyone to ignore the knowledge that already exists and just start from scratch? Why would anyone not put the first 6 villagers on food and actually start mining stone for personnal style? Its simply not efficient.

Build orders exist since AoE1 and I still have a small notebook with build orders written on it from back in 1999. Also exist in all other RTS games I am familiar with. Also exist in MOBAs, MMORPGs and any other game because this is all a math problem behind the screen.

Its been tested and proven that playing either scouts or archers is the best approach given the current characteristics of the game. Sure you can try to fast castle, fast imp, douche and whatever else you want. Given time, your Elo will accommodate at a level where you can pull these off 50% of the time… If thats what you like, go for it… But its probably going to be at a lower level than if you play archers/scouts… Not that Elo should be the “final” outcome… Fun is. Competing. Pushing your limits. Improving… Thats why people play ranked instead of lobbies.

2 Likes

chill dawg. it’s literally a video game, if you can’t take someone critiquing it in anyway it says a lot about you and how you vicariously live your life through the game. Once again, go outside feel the sunlight

Im a 13XX player and i always pick goths, vikings, japanese, mayans or turks on land maps (in that order) celts, malians or incas on hybrid (in that order) and portugese on water and migration.
Am i doing it right or wrong?

i am chill “dawg” you are the only one in this entire thread that acts like a toddler. Everyone else is having a civil discussion but you come in here and act all High and mighty without anything to back it up. And while your felling the sun today i’d suggest get an appointment to a psychiatrist to get your mind game straight. And if im such a loser that doesn’t even feel the sun why are you wasting your time with me?

1 Like

Boy do i have the feature for you

5 Likes

If you’re going to insult me, please at least be literate.

You’re the one who started responding to me, i didn’t reply to you. I couldn’t care less about your opinion, as you shouldn’t care about mine. Maybe you’re the one who needs a psychologist as most normal people wouldn’t respond like you have to someone critiquing what’s happened to a video game. Maybe you need to find some other form of validation in your life.

your not critiquing it tho your just calling everyone a loser because they don’t play the way you want them to. You have said NOTHING usefull concerning this thread.

1 Like

True, but this actually makes chinese one of the most appealing civs to grow with, as opposed to other civs they just become better and better with your skill level.

But I don’t see the point of the OP. Thing is you can always counter civ pickers with your own preferrede civ.
And it is actually quite clever to start with only one civ in the beginning, as it allows you to fokus more in learning game mechanics, hotkeys etc.

Besides my favourite civ is koreans, I can certainly understand why people try to pick the “best civ” for that strat for themselves, as they just give you better feeling while learning the game.

1 Like