DLC Lord of the West - 2 New Civs

This exactly. I’ve been trying to tell everyone that if we have a civ called Italians we cannot have another called Sicilians unless you are talking about aboriginal Sicilians which would be rather anachronistic but I kept getting hit with the Sicilians are Normans justification. That’s true but then change Italians to Lombard. Then the question arises why name them Sicilians and not Normans in the first place, because medieval Sicilians have always been Italio-Sicilians.

I think this has mostly to do with architecture set choice. If you call them Normans, people would expect them to use Western European architecture. Using the name Sicilians makes using the Mediterranean architecture feel more natural.

That’s just a hypothesis though.

1 Like

Or even better: a whole new campaign for it with 6 battles.
One can dream. :rofl:

1 Like

That and Normans do include a larger group of people and if we have Normans we will have to have Saxons and split the Goths, which is somehow I feel, something of an eventuality. Mark my words.

I guess the next one won’t be European. Likely Indian or African/American. Indian civs get requested a lot and the other world region is barely covered.

2 Likes

The Goths were the pregenitors of the Saxon, or Saxai… just as their Scythian kin were their own predecessors.

I think if we are going to put more Germanic civs in the game, the Saxons and Vandals are great choices. Some people have complained that the Goths and the Huns are out of the time-scope in the game. If you take out Goths you have to take out Huns.

It would make better sense for the Huskarl to be a Saxon UU… and the Vandals could carry the spirit of the current Goth civ…

Better yet, add in both and split the Goths into Visigoths and Ostrogoths! Would “definitively” pay for that DLC :sunglasses:

No, the Saxons came from Saxony and the Goths from Gotaland.
Saxony is in northern portion of Germany and southern Denmark, while Gotaland is borderline Eastern Europe.

Vandals had a big navy, siege weapons, cavalry and even camels.

Vandals are already somewhat in the game, under Berbers, because they became Berbers with time.

The Goths migrated to Gotland from the Caucasus Mountains… Odin and the Aesir hailed from Anatolia.
Saxony has changed location many times in history… look where it is now compared to a thousand years ago.

The land doesn’t produce a people, the people who conquer that land name it after themselves. History is a story of migrations.

I know about migration of the indo-europeans, but still makes Saxons and Goths different groups, by the Middle Ages.

Let’s stay on the topic of the new expansion please.

4 Likes

Our friend here has never played an EA game

Pretty sure that’s EA and not MS

FE never made AOC

Also, while I agree this splits the community, it’s what people have been requesting over and over

It’s very simple, it’s gonna be OP for a month, then they’ll balance them

3 Likes

Nice whataboutism.

I don’t mind new civilizations but let’s first maybe, I dunno… fix the game? What is the reason why I should get stuttered animations in MP when I have top hardware?

2 Likes

So when he exaggerates out of his back it’s completely fine?

Again, who said the fixes are being stopped for non-DLC owners?

1 Like

Ad hominem
whathever the pay to win situations less or much i reject it. Do we have to be happy that aoe games not as much as pay to win like ea games?

Define pay to win,

You either intentionally or unknowingly are providing wrong examples of pay to win games

2 Likes

One year down the line says that.

1 Like

Just a wild guess, right?

Cause I don’t remember devs saying that…

2 Likes

I was referring to the one year that has already passed and the game is still not fixed…