DLC Lord of the West - 2 New Civs

I don’t believe people will buy the DLC just for the OP civs, but for the simple reason of having 2 extra civs and a few new campaigns

1 Like

@JonOli12 Iroquois were not very important before XVII century,but they established in Ohio Valley around 1142 CE.Maybe if the devs put them with the Mississipians,it could possibly works…The campaign for the Iroquois maybe could be around the Song of Hiawatha (the foundation of the Haudenosaunee League and his encounters with the French (1534-1595)…the rest of civs is fine…

What is this delusion of yours that “modding” have always been for MP? Most of the great mods are the custom campaigns and scenarios intended for SP. Yes that’s exactly what Microsoft is trying to do by selling more campaigns with the bonus of extra civs.

One more thing stop being a rude person claiming that MP as the “most important community” because without the SP, it will only be MP not an AoE 2 community. It was Voobly that saved the game’s MP during those time.

For the tryhards in the MP community, it’s the armageddon when adding a “not final” civs. I saw their negativity in all other forums from reddit to aoezone.

2 Likes

Burgundians
Sicilians

3 Likes

What does this even mean? It’s my fault the game stutters in MP for me, is that what you are saying? That because the game does maybe work for you (something I seriously doubt) it means it’s on my end why it isn’t working? Well, good for you that the game runs well with you! BRAVO! BRAVO! You are the only one playing AoE maybe? What kind of an argument is that? Then somehow I am the “entitled gamer” for whatever that might mean. I never said support was not provided, merely it was inadequate and nonfunctional. Pathing is STILL an issue, crashes are STILL there, animation stutters on a 2080ti with 32GB of RAM and an i7 8700k @ 4.9GHz are STILL there.

But I guess because the game works for you and you only, there is zero problem.

1 Like

I think what he meant is that most of the issues are still being addressed. I do believe that pathfinding and more optimization should be more priority rather than bandwagon fixes. What I find weird is that game loads very slowly during the start even with a decent hardware, I wonder if subscribed mods have effect?

2 Likes

What I am saying is, they might be addressed but they were “being addressed” for the past year already. And the result is wonky at best. They should really be focusing on that and that only until they fix it. All the subsequent events and DLCs are welcome after the game works.

This is due to mods. I have just installed some mods and noticed this very long loading time myself. But why would it take a 400MB mod so long to get loaded?

1 Like

I think it’s something to do with project management internally. They should really allocate resources to the pathfinding and optimization team.

What I think is happening, it is that MS doesn’t really care about the issues and the devs are not allocated the time to fix them, then there is little they can do. This means that the devs are probably not going to publicly say “our bosses are sh!t” but then it’s the game and the community who get the whiplash effect. That is why copyright as a concept is bullsh!t for things like entertainment. Especially in this very situation where the publishers are something like a step father to their product who had ran astray. If it wasn’t for voobly, MS wouldn’t have thought “oh there are easy moneyz to be made here” based on inherited copyright and downright sketchy moral grounds for ownership of the source code, which they claim they “lost”. Even if they did lose it, it shows their general attitude towards the game and how little they care for the quality of their product. I realize companies work not in the way to produce the best thing they can but the worst thing the customer will still be willing to buy but this principle is outdated. It’s arrogant, it’s vile and it should not belong to Age of Empires as the people who play the game have always shown.
Making the game open source is the only way I see this mess can be sorted.

2 Likes

I think the devs do care about AoE 2. it’s basically the same thing that happened to Blizzard when they merge with Activision but that was the worst case scenario especially how they deforged a masterpiece. If the game gets open source though wouldn’t there be security breaches though?

If you know nothing do not share wrong thoughts, after zone closed in 2006, gamepark was founded by fans, igzones/voobly came one year after that, both projects have been done for fans from the MP community.

Big tournaments then again were sponsored for years by MP community.

And about mods clearly yo don’t even have a clue what a mod is, do not confuse custom scenarios campaigns that can be done by kids, less you will have an idea of data mods that fixed the game critical bugs from vanilla.

1 Like

You should take your own advice.

1 Like

I understand your sentiments but in no way you represent the whole of MP community. So what mods are your referring to then? Also I want to try any custom scenario done by you as you said it can be done by kids.

1 Like

Teach me bro.

I can tell you year by year what has happened to game since 2006, please enlight me with facts i may ignore.

1111 i do have jurassic custom maps and RPG and other mods done by myself, visual mods and one data mod for pure testing balance stuff, so at a technical level clearly i do know what i am talking about.

Here is what I have to teach you:

All the HD expansions sold well, and DE sold well because it had a Last Khans expansions added on top.
Expansing the game has been VERY proffitable, and it would be insane not to continue doing it.

The FE team started as modders taht wanted to bring NEW CONTENT to the game, and they made 4 expos that sold really well so far, and brought the game into the modern scene.

Most people will never play even ONE MP match in this game, but will happily shell out some dough for new cis and campaigns.
These forums and Steam’s have been choc full of “New Civs” threads since forever. The playerbase is sending a clear message: “Give me more!”

4 Likes

Where are the links for your kiddie mods? I would love to try them and give you feedback. As you mentioned you spend your whole life in MP but now you have singleplayer content? The irony lol.

2 Likes

You don’t even know what a RPG is, all those custom maps are meant for the MP if you have voobly and the jurassic2 mod then i can send you the files boy.

None of those buyers will ever sponsor a tournament from their pockets or build a platform to play the game, that is the difference of the importance of the MP community.

So you tell me if you ever consider yourself as part of the community what is more important for us in the long run?

The game’s continued developmnt, which is easily financed with DLC, like HD already proved it can be.

5 Likes