DLC - request to the developers

If there was a European DLC, it doesn’t have to be focused on colonization and the navy. Italians, Poles and Austrians (it’s nice if the Prussians too) could liven up and interest others with this game.

Imagine a new campaign, e.g. about the Napoleonic Wars and the new Historical Battles.

Why add Austrians if HRE is already represented in the game?

2 Likes

Because Germany is too diverse to be represented by one civilization.
Austria was very important at that time.

Here is an interesting discussion about the Germans:

i dont hate poland, i just want denmark-norway over poland.

the thing is i haven’t learnt anything from you, i study history, you throwing around words like “democracy” when it is not applicable doesn’t help the position of the faction.

if i had to prioritize factions in the game from Europe then it is clear:

D-N

Italians

Poland

i am not fully against poland but your reasoning was poor at best as to why they are more important, as it currently is there are polish units in germany, both winged hussars and czapka cavalry.

here is what i would suggest: make a separate topic and say why you think poland should be in the game and tell us what units, economic bonuses etc. you think make sense for them.

1 Like

I study administration, I have history lessons there. I have been interested in history from an early age. And I know Poland deserves to be in this game. And I would like to tell you that the concept of democracy is evolving. Modern man probably would not call Athens democracy “democracy”. There was religious tolerance in Poland, while the rest of the continent waged senseless religious wars. Poland was the Bastion of Europe - it defended it against the expansion of the Ottomans. Poles have saved the continent more than once. Unfortunately, we never receive due respect for it. Since you are studying history, be interested in it.
Poland offers much more to the game than Denmark. If I’m wrong, convince me. Because I read about Denmark at that time and they don’t have a “better” history than Poles, or interesting military units.

There is no Winged Hussars in this game, only the German card (giving normal Hussars - no wings). So what if the Uhlans are with the Germans? According to your logic, if the Swedes are Scandinavians, you don’t need the Duns. Besides, Poles are not only Winged Husars. They were also: Lisowczycy, Cossacks, Tatars, Pancerni, Petyhorcy and many more. Navy did not interest Poles.
With the addition of Swedes, Danes won’t bring much freshness to the game. You said yourself that Denmark had a weak ground army but a good navy. So they will give off new ships?

Above are the proposed units and more. Just watch this topic - more precisely 48 post.

Denmark-Norway would be Swedish II, we need Poles more. We need Austrians, Poles and Italians.

2 Likes

Exactly

These civilizations will add something new and fresh to AoE 3.

denmark norway would have zero in common with sweden, for 1 their guard unit would be a skirmisher, second of all their eco would be focused on cows in a new way.

like what bizarro world is D-N sweden 2.0 just shows how little you people know of what you talk about.

If we get a Euro themed DLC I want to see Poles, Danes and Italians.

1 Like

the average man in athens had direct political influence, sure not everyone could vote (slaves and all) but it is still an actual democracy. the polish system wasn’t a democracy, and objectively 1 of the worst system of governance the world has ever seen, nothing could ever be done because corrupt nobles could just veto anything, it is a terrible system even compared to enlighten absolute monarchy.

listen i am not going to debate this more with you, look up the word aristocracy, cause that was what it was, and it wasn’t a good system.

not super unique to poland, why do you think the dutch church tech is called “Religious Freedom”? also worth pointing out that the periode is largely not remember for religious wars, the 30 years war is really an exception and even that was largely political and not religious.

unlike Denmark, Poland was occupied by Prussia and Austria for half the period. there are no Danish or norwegian units in the Swedish roster, there aren’ even revolts (despite Pan-Scandinavia and Norway would make sense for Sweden). also at least write properly.

yeah, canonboats seems like a good candidate for a danish UU.

you say it doesn’t bring freshness but what on earth makes you say that, you clearly have zero idea about how those armies where different. the rosters wouldn’t look more alike than any other european nation.

my fear when it comes to poland is that the 2 obvious RG units: polish legion and winged hussars seem rather close to the british roster. i am also still not sure what the economic bonus poland would have, every other faction has some sort of economic specialty but what would polands be?

Germans already cover the Austrians, specially in the earlier Ages.

The 30 Years War is classified as one of the biggest religious wars in History.
It started because of Religion, and Religion was Politics, back then.

2 Likes

Me too. Before, I didn’t feel like answering you. You can already see that you are an egoist. Sorry, but that’s the truth. You don’t want to hear and understand another person’s opinion. Everyone does not have to share your opinion - you will not impose your ignorance on other people.
Greetings.

the 2 first phases are religious but the 2 last (swedish and french phases) where not, or do you think a catholic nation would fight another over the rights of protestant?

It started because of religion, regardless of why it dragged on.
The 30 Years War is historically considered a Religious War.

i am not any more egoistic than you are.

i do but instead of talking game design when i ask you keep talking about how D-N is really just Sweden. you cant use a wrong understanding of democracy as an argument for why a faction deserves a spot.

have you looked in a mirror lately?

I’m just afraid that Aoe3 will become oversaturated with civs like Aoe2 or WoL.
Do we really need to split Germans into Austrians, Prussians and HRE? I prefer Germans as an umbrella civ instead.

I would prefer 2-3 african civs with new african maps, i don’t think Europeans civs should be a priority atm.

They’re just what NE or WOL wants to do, not AOE3 itself. All the civilizations they want appeared in NE or WOL. I don’t want to be disappointed and troubled by the controversy that arises after those civilizations appear in the DE.

Sure…

Your argument is no better.

Yes. You definitely have a room of many mirrors.

since i am mostly just reversing your arguments yes. i am reacting and deconstructing what you say most of the time.

my argument about denmark-norway is built on a few things:

a) the map you yourself use shows the country as clearly significant in size, and that map is btw small version, even for when it was made it clearly misses Holstein which is instead marked as HRE. then there is scania, gotland, and jamtland which where also part of denmark-norway in the periode.

b) you just say “oh its sweden”, the 2 countries had 15 wars or more between them most of which where in this periode.

c) there are clearly some interesting historical units and economic bonuses for the country, that are fairly straight forward.

d) at some point you come with the argument “oh norways colonies dont count” which funny because norway didn’t have colonies. iceland, the faroes and greenland are not colonies, they are bi-countries. and second of all its denmark-norway, the king of denmark was also the king of norway, it is not the same thing as a semi independent courland (and also courland just wasn’t a colonial power, they tried and they failed).

that is a very odd comment, not sure what it is suppose to infer even.

anyhow, i went back and looked at your post, and if you’d like to hear them i have some criticism based on your actual designs.

houses: doesn’t make sense that Poland get pristine 1700-1800 capital city houses when everyone else get improvised colonial style housing. i am sure there are some rural houses you could use.

the pen/mill thing: this kind of already exist in the game (farm for natives) but its not a super useful building, it is a super annoying building to use, and this polish 1 looks absolutely huge. i am also not sure how this is different than any petty noblemans estate in any other part of europe.

super villager: i dont see how making a berry bush is a good mechanic, it sounds super uninteresting because berries just aren’t that good. also is this gonna come at some cost to villager population? or like what is the idea of this unit really other than just name?

cav archer: isn’t this unit just the same thing as what russia and ottoman got, i dont see why this is a unique unit. part of the roster for sure but not a unique unit.

winged hussar: so is this a guard hussar or a unique unit, you write its a hussar but then you give them this weird charge thing (which shouldn’t be a thing in the game, but that is another discussion) which indicates that the unit is a unique unit. idk here is an idea but maybe make it a lancer with more hp but lower resist and bonus dmg?

guard musketeer: yep saw that coming, tho maybe use the more known name of polish legion, would make it easier to read for a lot of people.

light cavalry unit: might be wrong but i am guessing this is essentially just cossacks from russia? i’d probably suggest not adding it since usually you just use 1 cavalry unit if you got 2 melee ones anyhow.

i looked the other day on wikipedia and found a picture of polish units of the periode, i saw some sort of axeman? perhaps a unique melee infantry unit? just an idea.

I’m really sorry about that. By this I meant that the Swedes can be considered the general representation of the Scandinavians. Sorry for the mistake.

Sorry, but it doesn’t look special to me. Maybe you have some more interesting information about the Danish military.

It was a response to “The Courland Colonies Don’t Count”.

Duchy of Courland and Semigallia was a feudal principality of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland. It was incorporated into the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by the constitution of the Seym of 1726.