Do developers see this forum?

You have no idea how buggy AoE I was on release and you have no idea how buggy it is now.

1 Like

f Forgotten Empires developers see this topic, since I can’t create new topics, I leave a small suggestion in this topic. Launch a tool to be able to rotate buildings during the game, so you can choose where they will be facing, before they are built. There was a mod for the original game that allowed for this rotation of buildings. This would allow you to build more beautiful and logical cities during the game.

you can do that already, there is an option in the game to do it

1 Like

I am talking more about aoe 2. Aoe 1 tbh was lucky to even get a DE

AoE II was buggy on release too, what about the Lithuanian heavy cavalry infinite attack bug?

1 Like

Hi @FelipeKahl! It is currently possible to rotate buildings by holding Shift and using the Mouse Wheel up or down to set the orientation of a building when placing it. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Oh damn! that felt sad !

Someone Give this guy a banner please ! a Golden one ! ASAP!

4 Likes

In respect to the devs that are reading these forums, I’m not going list the game breaking bugs when aoe3 de was released.

All I can say is that bug u are bringing up is minor compated to what was there for aoe3 de when it was released.

Kudos to the devs for putting in effort to try and get aoe3 de in the right spot even with the restricted resource they have to work with.

After 8 months it’s better but still many issues. That’s how bad the rlease was

2 Likes

Thanks! I really didn’t know!

1 Like

He got one. Yay!

5 Likes

yay ! finally ! Congrats @Breadalus

2 Likes

Hey @Breadalus @InterjectionAOE . Any thoughts on buffing all trickles (including sanctuary laws and Consulate) to the same equivalent amount in villagers?

@Ippert said he would look into it a good couple of months ago from a bug discussion on capitalism not being updated for German consulate but we never heard back from him again.

Hey Bjorn,

Mostly the reason it’s difficult to buff the trickles is because some of them are already competitive cards in the Treaty gamemode, and doing so increases the economic ‘ceiling’ of civs which have those cards.

On the German consulate coin trickle in particular, China purportedly already has one of the strongest economies in the game (if you exploit the Temple of Heaven to get 99+11 vils) along with fairly cost-effective units (I know that sounds weird), but Old Dynasty Reforms is pretty gnarley

6 Likes

china also has cow booming, worse than britain but easier to do than the hauds.

2 Likes

Hey @InterjectionAOE ,

Thanks your well founded answer and all the work you’ve put into this game. For the case of trickles in general, I would argue that the math has been done on whether a trickle is worth more than an economic upgrade in treaty and the answer seems to be generally speaking no How Good Are Trickles Compared to Vills/ Upgrades? - YouTube Min 4:54. If trickles are upgraded to the same vill equivalent, that would make the strategic pick harder for the player, thus providing more variety in playstyles; which is one of the trademarks of AoE III. More importantly, the same would be true for supremacy, making more cards more viable.

Regarding Asian civs I believe that at least Sumptuary Laws should be buffed, since it’s very underwhelming at the moment and I’ve never seen serious player use it ever, not even in treaty. This is because of its low vill equivalent and not having the trickles focused only on one resource. I understad what you are saying regarding China specifically, which is why I would suggest that the overpop exploit be fixed and slightly compensate by buffing all trickles to the same villager equivalent. Since these are unupgraded villagers, this might even incentivize treaty players to go for this new Sumptuary Laws as well. When it comes to supremacy I think that it goes without saying that China doesn’t have a particularly good eco and this little buff could come a long way for them, without disrupting much the meta either. Let us also remember that Sumptuary Laws is the only alternative form of XP (0.15/s) for China (plus the 0.25 trickle you can get from Porcelain Tower I guess, several times less than a TP or even church).

otto should be fixed. Bad in Treaty and team and early game. It should be balanced. cavaryarchers villagers overkill card is useless. Instead, you can put cards that work like other civilizations. There may be a third mosque development. Peasant education can be a boost. It can be a card that makes sipahi out of the mills. You can move the 15% artillery health card in the 2nd radius to the 3rd era and turn it into a 15% health + attack bonus. In Age 4, it can be a card(or mosque improvement.) that gives abuses 1 area damage or attack power or pop 1. It can be 4.25 jan and abus speed. Soldier may come. As a civilization feature, the ability to benefit from more than 15% Tp can come. Building tp places cheaply may come with the civilization feature. One or the other way please make it balanced. Also, Sweden is too strong. Sweden need nerf. Karolins have 15 range and special running ability and strong melee and 4.25 speed and 2,5 rate of fire, 30 resist and only 100 resources. The upgrades to the balls are also excessive to me. You can see how unstable he is in tournaments. Strong soldier and very good echo, this is extreme. Ashis should be 4.25. Huracas should be nerfed.(The soldiers of the civilizations with bad economy must be strong. Otto bad echo, Although the Inca economy is very good, the huracas are much stronger than the abuses, the best unit of otto, and cheaper. 150 health 20+2 range and high siege attack and 24 siege bonus. 3.0 rate of fire. Not fair.) And peru milis. Spain logistics should not be a direct source transit. It’s these extreme op features and instability that turn people off from the game. (and bugs) I think strong countries in the long game should be more balanced in the short game. Because when the game is long, it is already strong. Please take note. I wrote these based on Twitch comments, thank you.

2 Likes