Do not buy, unless you want to loose you're money

Hi. I remember the game crashing only the second launch. I dont want to install this anymore. Microsoft…

4 Likes

in contrast to this guy, i’ve had the game crash once or twice, in god knows how many times i’ve launched it and have overall had a very good experience, as is normally the case in my aoe2 experience.

12 Likes

Why are you lying?
Like seriously that’s not possible, I bought the game this summer and I had about 40 crashes already

4 Likes

I might have a little more crashes (i think i can still count them all on one hand), but that is still a pretty good experience.

4 Likes

I AM MONEY! So should i buy the game? Also i want to loose up a bit, so i guess 2 copies would be fine?

2 Likes

Maybe something inside your system causes crash on AOE2 a lot? Maybe ur config is not up to the game requirement? My game does not crash 40 times a day, or even 40 times in total in the past year.

Sorry to see your terrible experience, but it is what it is, unless such spectacular game crash is sort of wide spread.

2 Likes

yeah i’m gonna guess that has something to do with your pc or ISP then.

1 Like

I’ve had the occasional crash… but not even close to every time I play.

2 Likes

It’s definitely possible to have only had the game crash once or twice. I honestly can’t remember ever having a single crash.

2 Likes

The only time the game crashed for me since buying it on first day was when launching a custom campaign mod. Otherwise you got pc problems.

2 Likes

This game is programmed with foots… Developers should at least try their game before release. Make me remind of Mordhau crap. Another hell of a crap game. Pure xxxx.

Maybe age of empires 2 definitive edition is one of the most COST efficient game ever released…
İ bought when it relased and only 2 or 3 crashes happened…

1 Like

I also think there must be something wrong with your pc. I have had this game pretty much since release, only crashed once. I’ve had lag, but only because of my internet connection. No problems besides that.

2 Likes

Replies show why MS can hire a small team of inexperienced devs, order them to make content that can be done for free by modders, break the original’s game performance and introduce tons of bugs in the process, and sell it as if it was something actually good…

I’ve encountered bugs but I can’t recall a single time the game has crashed for me, and I played in Beta testing pre-release. >.>

I have hundreds of hours into it. Sounds like the OP has a setup problem or some compatibility issues.

1 Like

The game only crashed once for me, and has been running butter-smooth ever since I bought it.

One crash or another happens with every program and app, it is unavoidable.

2 Likes

To be fair, depending on what you want to do with the game, it can be extremely prone to crashing. In the current patch the scenario editor routinely crashes (and working with it has made editing videos much more time consuming for me this past couple of weeks, I’ve had several dozen crashes). If OP is someone what wants to go to the editor to set up big epic fights between units or to design scenarios, then the current patch is plagued with crash issues.

3 Likes

This game is really good (at crashing).

6 Likes

After one update my game would crash consistently after ~15 minutes. It turned out that windows defender thought DE was doing something it shouldn’t and would kill the process. I had to add an exception to Windows Defender to DE and after that I have had maybe 1 crash per month and that is after extended periods of not restarting the client.

Should have bought 3 copies instead during the autumn sales

1 Like