Do you think many other civs should get architecture changes?

They settled in china so it’s the best fitting set unless China gets a new set.

Mongols settled all over Eurasia, not just in China. And among those who settled in China most had returned to the Mongolian steppe after the Ming overthrew the Yuan.

A Eastern Central Asian set would be good for the Mongols, and potentially Tibetans/Tufans and Jurchens when they are added.

1 Like

I think of 2, first-hand.

Nomadic for Mongols. A little reminder back in the Mongols event in 2020, their houses are replaced with tents.

Vietnamese: their architecture is actually not entirely oriental to be displayed same as Chinese or Japanese or Korea. You guys can search and compare.

Other than unique castles, I think all civs should get unique monasteries as well.
And I agree with the Nomadic architecture set
I think Huns, Mongols and Cumans could be moved to this nomadic set while Persians and Hindustanis should be moved to the Central Asian set.

1 Like

Hindustani using Indian architecture is not wrong. After all they are representing Delhi Sultanate and Mughals which ruled a big portion of India. Everything in this civ is fine except Monastery. You can even argue Monastery is ok. In fact whole architecture is much more native to Hindustani civ itself than others. Bengali/Dravidian needs the Stable/Archery Range change mostly

he best approach seems to be to have each civilization have its own architecture set. Buildings are more identifiable than units, so other than development costs, this shouldn’t be a problem.

With their architecture sets, Castles and Monasteries can be replaced with more accurate versions, and the degree of urbanization of each nomadic civilization can also be different.

Persians - Central Asian
Bohemians - Central European

These architecture sets must be included:

South American for Incas and new civs
Black Sea for Byzantines, Bulgarians and new civs
East African for Ethiopians and a possible Nubian civ
Pan East Asian for Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and new civs

These would be nice to have:
North European for Vikings
Central East Asian for Mongols and new civs
Bengal Bay (idk about the name) for Bengalis and new civs

7 Likes

I will echo Persians getting central asian and Bohemians central european

If I could have one new architecture it would be a Mainland East Asian set. The current East Asian style is very Japanese and is a poor fit for China, Korea, Vietnam and the Mongols.

1 Like

Surely should! Huns share the same architecture with Teutons is so strange !!!

The Bohemians are Slavs,so it’s not strange to have eastern architecture.

The Bohemians are Slavs,so it’s not strange to have eastern architecture.

Western Europe has three building sets while Eastern Europe has only one how is that fine?

There’s Southern, Western, Central and East European sets.

That’s my point all Easter European civis only have one building set it needs more diversity like Balkans getting a new one.

Nobody mentioned it, but one of the worst representations is the Viking. Its architecture has nothing to do with it. They should have wooden houses, something similar to their wonder.

Instead of so many dlc they should review the original civ, they were very simple and without personality.

Add nomadic architecture and steppe lancers for Huns

Change Czech architecture to Central European (like Teutons)

I’ve been saying this for ages (though I also haven’t said it in a long while).

I’ve been thinking for some good time that the Feudal Age version of the Central European set should be its own set. Do you think that would work for vikings?

Nah, the architecture fits Danes, Nprse and Swedes so its fine

I disagree about that. They are fun and balanced and most have unique strats

Yes, hence their unique unit, but why would that affect the architecture? Did they have Persianate-style buildings in real life? Genuine question.