Does waiting for your invite to the AoE DE Beta cause anxiety, insomnia or measles?

For me nah. What about you?

@DiveDive3726 said:

I wanted to stay period authentic so I got leprosy while waiting.

There are various stages of what the DSM has classified as AoE DEB

Phase 1 - Waiting for an invite
Symptoms - Anxiety, night sweats, excessive posting to forums, refreshing email constantly

Then there are 2 separate sub-phases

Phase 2a - Non selection for beta
Symptoms - Depression, rage, dependency on information about beta. May engage in irrational behavior.

Phase 2b - Selected for beta
Symptoms - Euphoria, excitement. After initial endorphins are exhausted, patients begin to develop a literal grab bag of near fatal illnesses such as flu, measels, small pox, polio, and report them to their place of work/education. These illness seem to vanish once in front of a computer with AoE DEB. Further research required to see if AoE DEB can really cure such a wide variety of illnesses with entirely different causes. Possible Nobel Prize in Medicine?

I have crippling depression.

@Raw1812 said:

@DiveDive3726 said:

I wanted to stay period authentic so I got leprosy while waiting.

I obtained the original virus of the plague of athens to be as historically accurate as possible… however i don’t think i will be here for the beta to to come out aaaargh

Well. I’m pretty busy during the day that i dont have much time to let myself worry much about it, but in my free times, I wonder if i may be one of the chosen ones XD

Evidently it can cause problems for some.

@Tgaud said:
Well, just to let you know that you wanted to play marketting and make big announcement.
u got the enthousiasm and energy of everyone here, but u want to tease to much.

Dont speak of the game if you’re only 1% developpement.
it’s been weeks and still no news of closed beta.

why make ppl waste time and energy if you’re not there?

Just to let u know that i had even reinstalled AOE, but its totally useless, all my enthousiasm is gone now.

I know many fanboys will come to put their hate in answer like “yeah me i’m not tired of waiting” or “good, you can go”, but I don’t care.
Just to let u guys know u’ve been far too long.

The same happened with VR occulus rift.
They put too much time to release it, they had the best enthusiasm at the beggining and now… community is dead of waiting

ignoring your community is the worst thing ever to do, maybe u should learn

my two cents.

No, there more important things in life then a game.

I play another’s games.

It definitely causes me to repetitively check email and this site :smiley:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:
Evidently it can cause problems for some.

@Tgaud said:
Well, just to let you know that you wanted to play marketting and make big announcement.
u got the enthousiasm and energy of everyone here, but u want to tease to much.

Dont speak of the game if you’re only 1% developpement.
it’s been weeks and still no news of closed beta.

why make ppl waste time and energy if you’re not there?

Just to let u know that i had even reinstalled AOE, but its totally useless, all my enthousiasm is gone now.

I know many fanboys will come to put their hate in answer like “yeah me i’m not tired of waiting” or “good, you can go”, but I don’t care.
Just to let u guys know u’ve been far too long.

The same happened with VR occulus rift.
They put too much time to release it, they had the best enthusiasm at the beggining and now… community is dead of waiting

ignoring your community is the worst thing ever to do, maybe u should learn

my two cents.

Wicked, I feel the same. Perhaps more will be revealed this week. Hopefully remove some of the anxiety.

It causes farts for me xP

No, there are plenty of games RTS in the market and I can play any other from franchise. Or the original thanks to the Upatch.