Dont change what made aoe, aoe

@Amphiprion said:
I haven’t “the” answer, but random aspect is generaly a probleme for strong player and is not my answer but a consensus. Try hard for tournament and loose because bullshit map.

If this game is just for 10 fan peaple, ok, iam out, but if you want aoe great again, you need too learn how we can do that, and you can’t with only the fan base. What is most successfull rts game? why? etc… this is rationnal question.

But dont come and corrupt the age of empire spirit please.

That dont exist, it’s just your spirit and you want aoe like that. If you want any change, you can play aoe1 :wink: .

So we are disagree about random aspect, my opinion is “if there are lot of random, the game won’t grow up” its not your, that okey.

Actually, Amphirion, your answer isn’t a consensus at all. What makes the best rts games great is the randomness, especially to their map creations. Even now, despite it apparently being the least liked AoE game, Age of Empires 3 still sells very well and is still loved by die hard Age of Empires fans, and its randomness is part of the reason why. The random nature leads to more strategic, on your feet thinking rather than having a set strategy preplanned ahead of time knowing exactly where everything’s at. The very best players could deal with a totally random placement because they are forced to think around any potential problems. Knowing what you are going to do beforehand with set placements before every match makes mediocre players who get too comfortable with routine and couldn’t handle it if even one thing was out of place. Randomness turns who would otherwise be a merely mediocre player into a great player who is near impossible to defeat.

@Amphiprion said:

Here is the thing most people disagree on. Some want it to be ‘the next big thing’ or a ‘new old succesfull
RTS’. Like AoE II or StarCraft.
But then again. Those games already exist.

Aoe2 is not successfull like sc2, you can’t compare them (the price pool is as 100 times higher on sc2). And aoe1 already exist, why make this aoe-de ???

But ok, so aoe-de is just for fanbase. Its aoe1 with 2017 graphics. Iam out of that, i dont like the principle of resell a game with new graphics and nothing else.

I’m sorry but what a load of bull. AoE2 is not successful like sc2? Seriously? I’d argue AoE2 is far, FAR more successful. AoE2 is a near 20 year old game that still holds up today in the hearts and minds of thousands of players. So much so that its HD redo has done well enough to spawn a few more expansions on top of the base game and base expansion. SC2, while I will say that it’s a pretty good game in its own right, doesn’t hold a candle to the love players have been giving to AoE2. SC2 is only about 7 years old, yet fails to see the kind of love you see from Age of Empires players toward a game nearly 3 times its age lol. Key to success is longevity. AoE series has that in spades. Even the least popular in the AoE series, AoE 3, manages to outsell a lot of other far more recent rts games. You can’t honestly say the same about Starcraft with a straight face.

Please make villagers being able to renew the farms automatically, or use the same system as in aoe2. In later games it requires a lot of annoying micro management to keep all farms up and running.

@CarolexRex said:
Please make villagers being able to renew the farms automatically, or use the same system as in aoe2. In later games it requires a lot of annoying micro management to keep all farms up and running.

It has been revealed that farms aren’t going to have the same system that AOE 2, they must be renewed manually and are walkable.