DONT give us a balance patch!

I think the tournament has shown that the French aren’t unbeatable. But as others have mentioned with so many prepared strategies utilized against them i think it would be wrong to conclude that they don’t need any balance. I think a small change to knight power or their counters (buff spears with a short snare vs knights/cav) would benefit the health of the game and diversity of civs in the meta. I liked how many civs worked around the hulk, I think a simple cost+training time increase in feudal would be enough.

Pro practice 100s of game just to find a way to counter them . And all they could do was to chease france with infantry building sprinol timing . That doesn’t mean france is not op .

And op doesn’t mean unbeatable . Even having clear advantage over others is op .

Give time to france players , they will find a way to beat fast seige timings of absadies or mangol , it was just surprise cheese that took france om wrong foot . France has advantage over others by its design .

Hope devs take their time to figure out what would be the best solutions to reach for as close to perfect balance as they can. And end up with the best solution for the community.

There is a clear bias in the French’s winning percentage due to the tournament format, where if you lost with France you could use it again and if you won, no.

3 Likes

Yep, there is that. I think france just needs some tweaks like moving chivalry to age3.

Huge nerf are always unwarranted but france definitely need nerf . Dude pros took france more than twice than any other civ clearly means they all agree france is the most op civ .

Cheesey infantry sprinol timing is the new op strat , but it worked becoz it’s a new strat , give time , france players will find a way arround . Becoz France inherently has advantage over others.

The only reason that French has a low winrate at Genesis is because the strategies developed by pros are anti-French. Literally they anticipate what French is going to do and counter it. Granted, such counter strat can also be learnt by the community, but by far, the French still has too many OP stuffs that should be nerfed first.

1 Like

TheViper (winner of this tournament) said that the low winrate stems from the fact that absolutely every player knew this civ will be picked and has prepared a counter strategy against them.
So balance-wise this civ is picked far too often and indicates the need for a nerf.

1 Like

It has been evening here, still patch didn’t come.

Relic headquarters is in Vancouver, 8:38 a.m at the moment. They probably haven’t started work yet.