Double click sometimes selects all buildings instead of just those on screen

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673 (although I’ve also had this issue on previous versions).
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Sometimes when I double-click a structure, it selects all of them, instead of just the ones on my screen. I’ve experienced this with gates, but especially castles. Double-clicking them sometimes only selects the castles on the screen, but sometimes it selects all of the castles I’ve built. I’ve only seen this issue on Arena in singleplayer, but I haven’t tested other maps.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch a SP game on Arena.
  2. Build some castles (although I’ve also had the issue with the starting gates).
  3. Double-click a castle. Sometimes it selects castles that are not on the screen.
10 Likes

I’ve had this issue too on Arena, double clicking wall, then shift+delete, it selects/deletes wall outside my field of view. Doesn’t select all of my wall, but definitely more than on my field of view.

Note: I’m on 3440x1440 res, this could be why.

2 Likes

i can confirm i have this problem too. it happens randomly in the game and I can’t seem to find the cause of it. sometimes double click of a building will only select those on screen and then later in the same game it’ll select off entire map.

1 Like

Indeed, I’ve had a similar issue with pieces of wall, although there it seems to always just select a few pieces that are just off screen. With the castles, it selects even those on the other side of the map.

I have a 3840x2160 monitor, but play on 1920x1080 (I wish the zoom levels were less restricted :/).

1 Like

Same problem for me, double clicking sometimes selects all the buildings of a kind, even outside the screen. For what I remember it happened with military production buildings like barracks, stables etc. and I am 100% sure it happened with castles, selecting all the castles I had instead of just the ones on the screen

Hello friends! Thank you for the report! I have a few questions to see if we can narrow down this problem:

• Is everyone running the game at one of the higher resolutions? (Please share!)
  • Does double-clicking the building(s) in question also select distant buildings that are well away from the area you are selecting? i.e. if there is a Castle on the opposite side of the map, is it also selected?
  • Does anyone have a video of the behavior that I can pass along to the team?

I’ve already created a task to investigate the issue, but any additional information you can provide will be most helpful!

Thanks again for the report!

3 Likes

I made a short video showing the issue in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-KAp597zvs

You can see that double-clicking different castles on the same screen gives different results. Sometimes it seems to select buildings that are about a screen away, although I wasn’t able to record a case where it selects all the buildings on the map. I’m pretty sure this happened to me before, but I don’t remember how spread out the buildings were at the time.

Funnily enough, as you can see at the end of the video, sometimes double-clicking doesn’t even select all the castles on the screen…

As I mentioned, I’m running the game at 1920x1080, but on a 3840x2160 screen.

4 Likes

this bug sux, need fix!

I also had this issue with standard resolution 1900x1000

the resolution dont matter. i have tried 900p, 1440p, 720p, all have this problem.

Thanks for the note everyone! Team has confirmed the issue and it is on their list. I appreciate all the extra information and details to help highlight the exact problem! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Checking this issue on Arena would be the easiest. Esspecially with gates it happened to most of the players who did at least some Arena games, its a well known bug.

The bug occured for me in a normal Hideout game with Kreposts, but I seem to be unable to reproduce it on Arabia. It feels like it might somehow be related to starting with walls.

Happened to me on Arena too. Playing with 1080p monitor.

Thanks, here I attach some screenshots.

Suryavarman campaign, mission 5.

Here I selected the castle on the left in the screen borders (so also the one on the right), but it also selected the nearest one outside of the screen (minimap: left of purple, above teal initial south base, a little south-east of the screen borders, where the 3 big brown roads join, it has the gather point on itself).

Here instead I selected the most southern castle, the one on the coast, and it selected all the castles I had. It took me some attempts.

Now Tariq Ibn Zyiad campaign, mission 5.

Here I am in the south corner of the map, with 3 castles, when I select one it also selects (together with the ones in the screen) the one in the north corner of the map. I have other 2 castles though which were never selected in the attemps I made.

Here are my options

If you think you might need them, I can upload the savegames of these two games

2 Likes

We were able to reproduce this issue successfully, so we should have everything we need to see what can be done. Thank you for the report; I’ll be sure to drop in and let everyone know if there are any additional details that will help the team investigate the problem.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I recently double clicked a villager to build something (deliberately) whilst making sure only a small group of villagers was in view. Even so, lots of villagers just outside of my screen also came to follow the command.
Is there some sense in which the ‘window’ for double-clicking is bigger than the actual window I can see?

1 Like

It happened to me with gates and castles aswell

It also happened to me when deleting walls in Arena