[Doubt] which DLC to buy?

I’m going to buy one DLC (because of the price).

Which do you prefer Dawn of the Dukes or Lords of the West? Considering gameplay, time to finish campaigns and added civs.

Help me in the choice.

Dawn of the Dukes

LotW civs suck, they’re extremely gimmicky, with some balance issues still not sorted out and in my opinion pretty unfun to play.

About campaigns, both DLCs campaigns are very good in my opinion.

9 Likes

Dawn of the Dukes, while I like Lords of the West, the DotD civs are more fun to play imo and the campaigns are better, not saying LotW campaigns are bad, on the contrary, but DotD campaigns are extra good, having what’s become my favourite campaign of all game, Jadwiga

2 Likes

Considering LOTW being cheaper right now, I’d get that one.

Both DLCs are about the same in terms of quality and content.

1 Like

Tbh I think Burgundians are pretty fun outside that tech that shall not be named

4 Likes

Dawn of the Dukes is best

1 Like

I would rather get DotD, but I’ve already brought LotW because it just went on special. I’ll probably buy the other one when it goes on special.

1 Like

If you have the money, just get both XD

1 Like

It’s a tough choice since both have great campaigns. If LOTW has a discount, that’s the tie-breaker you were looking for.

1 Like

DotD, not even a contest.
Bohemians and Poles are so much more fun to play than Burgundians and Sicilians.
Haven’t played the campaigns, but I heard they are better too.

2 Likes

They are more broken too since they haven’t been balanced yet

1 Like

Poles do have an above average win%, but Bohemians don’t. I wouldn’t call them broken, at least not on the level of “coustilliers oneshot cavalry archers with bloodlines and every infantry and archer unit in the game” like it was on release.
Franks, Mayans are much much much better than both of those civs.

1 Like

Look at the civs and decide which dlc to buy.
Personally i liked much more LotW because the civs feel more special.
Sicilians with Donjon rush and Serjeants and Burgundians with the Flemish Revolution, Coustillier and his charge bonus.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the answers.

And since both campaigns are good. I Will go with the Dukes, cuz in my country is cheaper and the civs look more fun to play.

Ty again.

2 Likes

There isn’t a right choice.

It depends on what civ you might be more interested in, both on history and gameplay meccanics.

If you for example like cavalry more, I would recommend the LofW DLC, since both sicilians and burgundians are cavalry civs (while on the DofD only the poles are a cavalry civ).

I you like arena, then probably you want DofD for the bohemians (although the other sicilians and burgundians aren’t that bad either).

Like, watch the reviews of the civs on you tube and see which one inspire you more, or read about their history.

1 Like

I’ve played both and I thought the Dawn of the Dukes had a more satisfying game play and interesting scenarios – It was neat how the devs linked the story lines of the first two campaigns.

1 Like

On the other hand the LOTW campaigns are linked to former campaigns. Edward Longshanks to William Wallace, and the Grand Dukes to Joan of Arc. Even the Hautevilles are a bit of a follow-up to Bari. LOTW also had a greater environment variety, such as some missions that are in the crusades, while DOTD was staying mainly in the same area and often against the same enemies.

Different styles, both are very strong.

1 Like

Also I wouldn’t consider win rates as gospel. It can be easily fixed with a balance patch.

Personally, if you are not interested in Sicilians and Burgundians, I’d suggest DotD, both of them have good quality campaigns but I think that DotD ones are a bit superior.

1 Like

Good points. Although I think Hautevilles was one of the great campaigns overall, Ed. Longshanks was just too easy and Grand Dukes a bit forgettable. Over all I just enjoyed all three campaigns in DOTD better.

1 Like