My focus here is Dravidian Battle Elephants, not Siege Elephants.
Burmese, Berbers, Goths, Gurjaras, Incas and Dravidians are the only civs (if I’m not wrong) that have at least one unit-line affected by both of their UTs.
- Burmese Battle Elephants affected by both UTs - good , actually an Elephant civ.
- Berber Camel units affected by both UTs - good , Camel-based civ.
- Huskarls created at Barracks faster - , infantry civ.
- Gurjara Camels (and Ele Archers) are cheaper and get extra armor - Camel civ and Ele Archers are affected by its Team Bonus as well.
- Inca Slingers have no minimum range and gain extra attack, melee and pierce armor , Slinger is one of Incas’ Unique Units.
- Dravidian Battle Elephants self-heal and ignore melee armor - (useless), not very Elephant-civ in the first place (thanks to missing critical techs). The worst Battle Elephant in the game.
Of these Huskarls don’t get the last infantry armor, Gurjara Camels - no last attack upgrade, while Burmese Battle Elephants, Berber Camels and Inca Slingers are FU.
Dravidian Battle Elephants miss 4 things - Husbandry, Bloodlines, last cavalry armor and Elite upgrade. If I have to talk about Drav Siege Eles, then they miss the first three things, same as their Battle Elephant counter part.
Burmese, Berbers, Goths, Gurjaras and Incas get Crop Rotation, but Dravidians don’t. Crop Rotation shouldn’t be point of comparison in this talk, but Elephant units are food-intensive, right?
Dravidians are designed to be a slow stable’less civ, but why have two Unique Techs wasted on their already useless Battle Elephants? The two UTs and those holes in tech tree/missing techs don’t make them playable anyway.
I don’t want to talk about Urumis and Wootzsteel here. But, man Dravidian Battle Elephants are not all appealing, despite being affected by two unique units.
Just remove Medical Corps and introduce a new UT, or give their Battle Elephants some of those they miss.